Cobra Firmware v4.3 Released

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by GaryOPA, Dec 7, 2011.

By GaryOPA on Dec 7, 2011 at 10:12 PM
  1. 21,865
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Also released a new version of their mmCM (aka) multiMAN Cobra Edition

[​IMG]

Team Cobra has released another new firmware update for their Cobra-USB dongle, along with a very improved version of mmCM (aka) multiMAN Cobra Edition for all their happy users!

The main new feature of the v4.3 firmware update is the fact that games that need the BD-MIRROR function will now work correctly when playing them from either EXTERNAL USB or INTERNAL HDD devices.

As for the mmCM changes, it is amazing number of improvements, the Cobra team has been really able to build alot of new functions into the old multiMAN for Cobra users, and here is list of them all:

Remember since the last big 'firmware' update, if you have the new mmCM installed it can update both your manager and the dongle firmware! :)

For More Information Please Visit Their Official Site: http://www.COBRA-USB.com

Comments

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by GaryOPA, Dec 7, 2011.

1. 2,653
      kneehighspy

kneehighspy Maxconsole Forum Moderator Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

Early Retirement, Relaxation
      Home Page:
      The cobra team has really come through on a lot of upgrades. makes my cobra purchase seem worthwhile. of course, now that i also have a TB, should i move to it or stay with cobra? decisions, decisions. :)

thanks for the current updates Gary :)

2. 13,362
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Home Page:
      psp and ps2 + lots of updates vs playing a few extra games most of which you can already play on 360.

not really that big a choice

3. 4,436
      JonathanD

JonathanD New Member Loyal Member

Yeah I have been thinking about getting one, only thing keeping me from doing it is that I just know the week after I get it that CFW what ever is the newest version will hit along with PS2 and PSP compatibility making my purchase worthless.

I heard that Jaicrabs 3.56 has an iso loader now, not sure what 3.56 does that 3.55 does not but meh what ever. Is jaicrabs 3.56 even a true 3.56 and not some hacked version of 3.55?

4. 13,362
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Home Page:
      i dont have a cobra and dont plan on getting one but i just thought that for someone who had both cobra and tb then cobra offers more to play with.

i thought that jaicrab was a fake?

5. 4,436
      JonathanD

JonathanD New Member Loyal Member

Well it is real but the laundry list of stuff it was supposed to do reaaallly got cut back, they dropped that whole fake PSN thing (was supposed to be a clone of the Homebrew Shop thing on the Wii and allow for games to be played P2P over it sort of like SNES over TCP/IP on emulators.) Was supposed to have PS1 and PS2 ISO loading like the Cobra dongle... hmmmm my tin foil hat must be on too tight....

At any rate Jaicrab did release his 3.56 CFW but the only thing it had was the install option and a bunch of cool looking icons and what not. Some one evidently figured out how to add what was missing and release a loader.

I would post a link here to the news but its on a site that offers all kinds of crazy not legal stuff lol

I will PM it to you how ever :)

Edit: Shows how quickly things can change, some one is claiming they have the keys from the 4.0 firmware and its now possible to do a CFW for it.

How true it is, I cannot say but they have released some sort of .self file and some other info that makes it sound legit.

Edit 2: Might be a bit more truth this then I thought, 5 hours ago as of this posting Math gave KaKaRoTo some information that is rumored to the signing algorithm for 3.7+ firmwares. So now supposedly there is an exploit for 4.0 and homebrew will run on it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2011
    6. 6,199
      Retroboy

Retroboy Banned MaxConsole Troll BANNED FOREVER

I sell online ads for a living, but love to compla
      Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
      Home Page:
      just wait for the 4.00 jb

7. 2,653
      kneehighspy

kneehighspy Maxconsole Forum Moderator Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

Early Retirement, Relaxation
      Home Page:
      yeah i totally agree with you. why forfeit losing my ps1, ps2 and psp playback ability. i will stick with my cobra. i think i will just pass this TB onto my brother, i have an original 60gb phat, so i have backwards compatibility, he has the newer slim ps3 and really only supports ps1 backups out of the box.

hell he'll enjoy the TB i think...

8. 3,748
      MadonnaProject

MadonnaProject New Member Loyal Member

when are they translating these payloads to one of the chips used to hack the ps3 in the earlier days of its hacking? I don't have true blue nor cobra. what are my options?