Confirm the WD2500BEVS MYTH

Discussion in '360 Hardware Repairs & Problems' started by hammychaffinch, Oct 31, 2009.

1. 118
    hammychaffinch

hammychaffinch Loyal Member

Game Junkie
    Ok im trying to install a WD2500BEVS hard drive to my xbox360 is it a myth or is it all B*****t can any one help me?

If its true how is it done?

is there a guide to show you what to do?

Cheers all i know you can help.

2. 349
    snake2

snake2 Loyal Member

It can be done I have one in my xbox, you need to find the 250GB HDDSS.bin file then use HDDHackr to flash the file. HDDHackr only works from DOS so you need a PC that can boot from USB.

When I did mine I kept getting an invalid command error when I tried to run the program so I renamed the file HDD.exe and it worked fine.

the program guides you through it you just need to hook up the HD then boot from USB and run the program and follow the on screen instructions

3. 118
    hammychaffinch

hammychaffinch Loyal Member

Game Junkie
    Wow

Sounds easy enough just need to find a 250 wd hard drive cheap the going rate is about £60 kinda steep where do i get the programs from to put on a flash drive?

Cheers m8

4. 14
    Flash99

Flash99 Loyal Member

Snake helped me out, works great. I just finished installing my ultra sping (7200 RPM 16MB Cache Drive) Hard drives loads SOOOO fast. Having 250GB (228 usable) allows you to load in all of those games that take forever to load (Halo 3 etc) Also I think it gives you an advantage online because of the loading speed. Who knows.

5. 7
    edmoncu

edmoncu Loyal Member

i have the same drive as well and i intend on upgrading my old 120gb. hope this gives moooore headroom than before :p

6. 151
    zero80472

zero80472 Loyal Member

dosnt mircosoft ban you for useing this ?

7. 349
    snake2

snake2 Loyal Member

I don't think so, it seems to just be modded FW that gets you banned.

8. 151
    zero80472

zero80472 Loyal Member

im sure i seen someware on the site that miscrosoft are banning unauthrized HD and memory cards

9. 349
    snake2

snake2 Loyal Member

I know the newest update locked out datel memory card but flashed HDs still work that may be what you are thinking of

10. 701
    trancehead

trancehead Loyal Member

Laboratory Technician
    flashed HDs use miicrosoft files
    once flash theres no difference to one that microsoft would sell you at 5 times the cost.
    so no you wont get banned