hit tracker

Does N2 work with Nintendo Switch?

Discussion in 'Official 'N^2 Elite' Support Forum' started by m0b0ss, Mar 3, 2017.

1. 1
    m0b0ss

m0b0ss Loyal Member

Hi,
    Seeing that some people already got their hands on the new Nintendo Switch, I wanted to know if the Amiiqo/N2 Elite is working with the NFC reader on the right joycon, provided that somebody is/Was able to test it.

2. 4
    wooby6

wooby6 Loyal Member

yes tested

3. 105
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

I can also confirm it

4. 1
    cicciopasticca

cicciopasticca Loyal Member

yes it works, but in zelda, if I put more than 1 amibo inside N2, I can't make it work. Zelda will only see the first amibo, even if I switch amibo stored with the button. Who can confirm?

5. 7
    Jason

Jason Loyal Member

I have over 100 stored and they all work in Zelda. I haven't tried using the button to switch, I just use the app to select each bank.

6. 72
    deloreancowboy

deloreancowboy Loyal Member

7. 4
    wooby6

wooby6 Loyal Member

the button switching works fine you just need to remember to hold it then scan to load the next in line

8. 13
    lokutus2000

lokutus2000 Loyal Member

Don't work for me. My switch always says that is no amiibo. On 3DS it works fine....
    I used the osx software to upload the bin to it. I have the first generation (amiiqo).

9. 72
    deloreancowboy

You've got to find that sweet spot. It took me a while. On the right joycon kinda slowly slide it across the thumb stick. On the pro controller rest it so that it kinda touches the d pad and the x and y buttons.

10. 13
    lokutus2000

lokutus2000 Loyal Member

Don't work for me. In Zelda or in Options the switch says that is no amiibo. On 3DS the same work fine. I have test it with own dumped amiibos and downloaded from nfc-bank. I think its a Problem from the software from OS X (Does it write the new size?). But i don't have an nfc smartphone....

11. 72
    deloreancowboy

I'm not sure. I don't have OSX to test but that may be the issue. Hopefully the N2 team finally comes out with an update soon.

12. 4
    wooby6

wooby6 Loyal Member

Actually it looks like he has the options set wrong, go to options select the amiibo option (first option) change it form "Do not use amiibo" to "Use amiibo", then change your rune (d-pad up) to select amiibo (last option on the right) and then scan away

13. 13
    lokutus2000

lokutus2000 Loyal Member

The original amiibo (all zelda and animal crossing testet) works fine on the switch, only the amiiqo doesn't work.

14. 4
    wooby6

wooby6 Loyal Member

could be due to the first gen,
    could also be due osx software not recognizing the new amiibo,
    could be that the OSX software dosn't link the new bin file sizes since the new amiibz update "572 bytes" old dumps were "540 bytes",
    it also could be due to the amiibo not being written fully (had this bug a few times I just needed to overwrite them)

also when your scanning is the amiiqo locked or unlocked?

15. 13
    lokutus2000

lokutus2000 Loyal Member

I have test it locked and unlocked. The same amiibo on the amiiqo that worked on 3ds doesn't work on the switch.
    Today i will check the windows software in a VM.

16. 3
    MrKudden

MrKudden Loyal Member

I just got mine in the mail and I can't get it to work with my switch either =/
    It just says it's not an amiibo. I have tried with dumps of my own amiibos and not even that work. I don't own a 3ds or Wii U anymore so I can't test it on them.
    I was a bit confused when I got it since it says amiiqo on the tag. But it's supposed to be the exact same as n2. Is there an update for it or is that not possible =P

17. 72
    deloreancowboy

Are you using an android phone or Windows or mac?

18. 3
    MrKudden

MrKudden Loyal Member

I'm using my galaxy s7. But I got it to work now. None of the dumps from NFC-bank worked or my own dumps. But a bit searching and I found dumps that work =D

19. 72
    deloreancowboy

That's weird that your own dumps didn't work. Did you dump them with the amiibitz app?

20. 3
    MrKudden

MrKudden Loyal Member

No I dumped with the official app. But I will try it in the amiibitz app! Thank you for your help =)