evil red flashing light D:

Discussion in 'PS3 Hardware Repairs & Problems' started by __tristan, Jan 9, 2010.

1. 16

__tristan Loyal Member

Jan 9, 2010
    ok the story that killed my hopes and dreams.... i wake up one morning... reach over to turn on my ps3 ready to get into playin.. green light.. :D ...yellow light :| ... red light flashin... :O wtf? so i turn it off... and i do it again, the same thing happens again and again so i cant turn it on! guess what i left in my ps3? Assassin's Creed II. NOOO so i call up sony and ask them about it, since i bought it in 2007 i have to pay 150 to get it fixed up! D: , i might as well get a new slim cos i have a messed up 40gb fatty. ye im also 14... its gona be a loooong time till im playin again.
  2. 7,336

ThreeDog Loyal Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Sorry to hear of your troubles, if its any consolation you can probably strip the PS3 of its PSU and sell that for a bit assuming that's not the problem.
    You could also extract the laser/lens if its good that should get you $40+ depending on which model it is.
    Failing that you could sell the whole thing, maybe someone can reball it or fix whatever problems your console has.
  3. 5

tastybrownies Loyal Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I had the red light on my first ps3 i got on ebay. They sent me a new one for free, haven't had a problem since a couple years back.