hit tracker

Fix for "Green led and then nothing anymore"

Discussion in 'Official 'Stargate 3DS' Support Forum' started by b4rtj4h, Jan 6, 2018.

?

Did the other MicroSD trick work for you?

1. YES

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. NO

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. 21
    b4rtj4h

b4rtj4h Loyal Member

So I was transferring games to my Stargate when all of a sudden it stopped working. It just did not load the games anymore. Ofcourse I panicked! First thing I did was look online to find more people with the exact problem. Returning is not an option while it costs to much...

Here is how I fixed it:

I simply inserted another SD with the files on the original SD in the Stargate 3DS and that fixed it for me!
    I have made a small 4GB MicroSD now with 1 game on it and insert that when the problem returns.

What is happening? I really don't know. Just hope this fix helps more people with the same problem.

2. 12
    sven206rc

sven206rc Loyal Member

I have the same problem since today. The last 2 days it runs without issues but now the card loads no more games. I will try to change the SD card the next days.

greetings

3. 21
    b4rtj4h

b4rtj4h Loyal Member

I noticed that some roms (like Pokemon Ultra Moon/ Sun) always make the Stargate Crash. I have to insert the other SD then to “recover” the ROM loader from the stargate.

4. 294
    realtimesave

realtimesave MaxConsole Product Reviewer MaxConsole News Team

Mine must need the factory to repair it because it does green then red light on the 4GB and the 32GB.

5. 21
    b4rtj4h

b4rtj4h Loyal Member

Well, other users have had succes with it. Unfortunatly that it does not work for you. What games were on the 4gb card?

6. 2
    Steeve_

Steeve_ Loyal Member

Here's how (I hope) I fixed it:

Simply format your Micro SD with windows, not using quick format. (I did exFat)
    It may take a while (did my 16GB in ~15 minutes)

Then Put you system files and roms like normal.
    Now it *seems* to work for me.
    Hope that helps.

7. 4
    So.CALCat

So.CALCat Loyal Member

The reason why the StarGate crashes when you run Pokemon Ultra Moon/ Sun, is because it's currently not supported.

StarGate support team is aware of the issue and hopefully correct it within the next Firmware Update...

I noticed the same issue on a few other new .3ds game titles...

8. 12
    sven206rc

sven206rc Loyal Member

So i tried 2 micro sd cards.

https://www.amazon.de/SanDisk-Extreme-microSDHC-Speicherkarte-SD-Adapter/dp/B01HXR511A

and

https://www.amazon.de/SanDisk-Andro...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=SAMZMB3DWSGEZV5XG6SY

Both of them are not working. Tried in FAT32 and exFAT (formated fast and slow). All games i have copied to the sd card worked the first two days and then suddenly no more. Very strange.
    Sometimes when i insert the Stargate card it's shown a game, but when i try to switch, the green led flash short and then "no card insert" is shown on the display. And when i start a game the display freezes until i remove the flashcard.

I can really hope it's only a software problem or a incompatibility with some sd cards.
    Maybe some people can write the sd cards which are working.

9. 21
    b4rtj4h

b4rtj4h Loyal Member

Fear not! It is an SD card problem :D.

I had the exact same issue... random freezes or black screen that my 3DS said that it needed to be restarted for some error.

Now I inserted a bigger MicroSD (it is slightly thicker) and no problems so far.
    Sandisk is a good brand, however they are also very slim... I use Kingston now. What you could try is a piece of tape on the top of the MircoSD. (the transparent tape... not duck tape! That is way to thick).

10. 2
    Steeve_

Steeve_ Loyal Member

Im using the Sandisk Ultra, in the 16GB format

11. 12
    sven206rc

sven206rc Loyal Member

I added two layers of tape no change. Then i used a stripe of thin cardboard (sd card gets really hard to insert) No change. Really annoying this situation.

12. 12
    sven206rc

sven206rc Loyal Member

Now the games are shown and i can switch thru the games. But after approx. 2 sec. the red led go on. Sometimes i can play the game. But often the game didn't load.

13. 21
    b4rtj4h

b4rtj4h Loyal Member

Wierd... do you have an other brand Micro SD at home?

14. 12
    sven206rc

sven206rc Loyal Member

At the moment not. Hope i can get one for testing from my friend.

15. 30
    royster77

royster77 Loyal Member

I have 2 Stargate carts and 2 SD cards that work perfectly fine in one cart but the other flashes a purple light for a few seconds then red stays on. Have emailed tech support for Stargate who have asked for a screenshot of my folder structure and what make/size SD cards I'm using (which are SanDISK 2GB and Kingston 32GB). It's definitely not the SD card causing the issues if it works fine in the other Stargate cart! If tech get back to me I'll let you know the outcome

16. 21
    b4rtj4h

b4rtj4h Loyal Member

Why 2 carts? But still, I am waiting for you reply!

17. 30
    royster77

royster77 Loyal Member

Because both my gf and I have a 3DS and want to play games at the same time :p
    I'm also going to try the fix so.CALcat posted on my original post when I get a chance to, see if that helps. I've got an RMA authorized so if all else fails it's back to the supplier for a replacement :/

18. 21
    b4rtj4h

b4rtj4h Loyal Member

Sorry for asking but what fix? hehe :p

19. 30
    royster77

royster77 Loyal Member

20. 21
    b4rtj4h

b4rtj4h Loyal Member

Nice find! Thanks for sharing. Is the development team also on these forums? Or is this just a place were the website points to?