hit tracker

Fix for "Green led and then nothing anymore"

Discussion in 'Official 'Stargate 3DS' Support Forum' started by b4rtj4h, Jan 6, 2018.

?

Did the other MicroSD trick work for you?

1. YES

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. NO

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. 35
    b4rtj4h

b4rtj4h Loyal Member

BittBoy
  2. 37
    royster77

royster77 Loyal Member

Stargate came back with the sad fact that my card will need to be replaced. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up! The tech support email advised "I will forward your email to the team and they will arrange to replace your faulty card."

I'll let you know if they will do it direct or if it'll be an RMA to the supplier

3. 35
    b4rtj4h

b4rtj4h Loyal Member

To me they said that I had to deal with the supplier. Problem there was that it would cost 15 euro to send it back to China

4. 37
    royster77

royster77 Loyal Member

Second cart did the red light thing on me last night, icon showing up after inserting the cart and playing the intro music/sfx then the red light comes on on the cart and it refused to be read. I figured I'd try anything, the fixes mentioned here didn't work again but I DID manage to get it to work again, although it's not a great fix because taking the cart out then putting it back in reverts back to the red light problem...

First, turn the 3DS off. Next, plug the USB cable into the cart then insert into the 3DS. Turn the 3DS on. At this point I got 2 blue screens, and tiny writing showing the ROM or something. Cart light was green. I removed the cable, and held 3DS power button down until power off, then power back up. Games now load correctly.

As a temp fix it works, but perhaps it is a bug in the firmware? Hopefully it can be fixed permanently

Let me know if this works for anyone else, and I'm going to try it on the first cart tonight

5. 35
    b4rtj4h

b4rtj4h Loyal Member

That is a weird fix... that would mean that indeed the firmware is bugged?

6. 37
    royster77

royster77 Loyal Member

Perhaps not an actual coding bug as if it were I would expect this to be happening to everyone. Perhaps there's a glitch, and reflashing the firmware onto the cart could fix it, however there is no firmware or flashing utility available for it yet is there?

7. 35
    b4rtj4h

b4rtj4h Loyal Member

But how do you flash the card?? And how do you update your Firmware? All I can find are the files for DS mode on their website.

8. 37
    royster77

royster77 Loyal Member

I would imagine there is either a utility or you'd use Putty or something else, when you plug the USB cable into the card it comes up as a serial connection. A utility or something would copy the firmware over to the cart that way, otherwise what's the USB port on the cart for?

I don't think there is anything out yet for those.

9. 14
    sven206rc

sven206rc Loyal Member

I bought the same card, but the issue is still present. Now i can switch thru the game list but when the icon and name of the game is shown, the led goes red and the game doesn't start. But some games runs with the red led. Really strange.

10. 37
    royster77

royster77 Loyal Member

This "trick" stopped working sadly, so now both carts have the red light issue. Sending them both back for replacement, I'm hoping this isn't a common issue. With no documentation I can only assume that the red LED means the cart is not able to correctly read the SD card. It also meant that any DS games (when it was working) would not write the save so any progress was lost, before the red light the saves worked fine.

11. 37
    royster77

royster77 Loyal Member

Got 2 replacement cards yesterday. Tested both and they are now working with no issues with a 32GB Toshiba class 10 UHS-I Micro SD card. No red lights, games switch with the buttons nicely, and the DS menu loads up and works perfectly too. I'd suggest sending them back, if you paid by PayPal you might be able to get the return shipping reimbursed, they do that in the UK at least.

GaryOPA likes this.
  12. 3
    Dien

Dien Loyal Member

Hey guys ! I've just found a strange trick 5 minutes ago that did it for me !

1) turn on your 3ds without card
    2) Insert StarGate WITHOUT SD, you should have a blue/purple light constantly on and the alex rider ready to launch
    3)still in the 3ds main menu insert the sd without removing the stargate or turning off the console
    4) try to launch alex rider, you gonna have an error message telling you to reinsert the card
    5) do it, with the SD still in, and it should work !!

I don't know if it can damage the SD or the Stargate, but it perfecly work for me, i've got the DS menu and the 3DS menu.
    I also don't know if the progress made in the game launch this way are saved or corrupted, didn't try yet

(sorry for my english if i've made mistakes, and greeting from France ^^)

13. 334
    realtimesave

realtimesave MaxConsole Product Reviewer MaxConsole News Team

I'm glad you got it working. I kinda have my hands tied when it comes to these posts. Since I did the review on it for MaxConsole I would like to help out more but a lot of times the only way to fix the card is to get it replaced. I did send one cart to "destructive testing" for more QA and the newest batch of cards are the most reliable due to new standards being set for production, plus the MSRP is at $65.00 USD now, which I have no idea which vendor sells it for closer to MSRP at the moment.

I have two cards and they both still work without any problems but they came out before the destructive testing was finished. The one I sent in for testing I'm pretty sure was from the bad batch too because I was having problems with it from the beginning.

Anyway I'm still waiting for the latest update from team Stargate. It should be here any day now. Then everyone will be able to get their Pokemon fill. I personally don't play Pokemon aside from testing flash carts but it is the #1 top selling game so it is very important to get it working.