gameDATA (rev. 2) - A Handy PS3 Homebrew Tool

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by GaryOPA, Dec 10, 2011.

By GaryOPA on Dec 10, 2011 at 2:40 PM
  1. 21,849
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Developer 'andbey0nd' has updated his 'gameDATA' tool which is handy for moving the install location of PSN data from 'Internal' to 'External' USB HDD

[​IMG]

The main new feature of (rev. 2) is that it supports all CFW, and includes support for those running 'Cobra' or 'True Blue' dongles.

A new version of the handy tool 'GameData' has been released, something that everyone should install on their PS3 system! :D

With this new version this time round 'andbey0nd' tells us that his tool now has the ability to be used with ANY CFW (Cobra/TB/Kmeaw/Rebug/MFW 3.41 and 3.55) utilizing syscall35, and fixed a bug that was present in Rev1 and made the package smaller.

So with that said we present you with gameDATA Tool (Rev2) and changelog below:

Off-Site External Download Link: --> gameDATA TOOL v2.rar (via) Mediafire (123.25kb)

NEWS SOURCE: gameDATA (rev. 2) Released (via) PS3Crunch

Our many thanks to 'nickxab' for submitting this cool PS3 homebrew app! :)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by GaryOPA, Dec 10, 2011.

1. 4,436
      JonathanD

JonathanD New Member Loyal Member

The question I have is this, I have a large external hard drive for my PS3.
      What I want to know is that can I use this to install something like Gran Tourismo onto the external hard drive VS the internal hard drive?

Not sure if GT has file larger then 4GB's, I know it works from internal just fine... I just hate to spend money upgrading the PS3 since thats the only device I have that would use that drive. GT works fine on my machine but it does eat up like 90% of the drive by itself.

If there was one thing I would wish for from hackers is a way to just force the PS3 to use an external drive instead of the internal one and format it as such. I know this is probably not possible but it would be cool.

I know some PSN downloads also do not like to be forced into using the external drive lol