Gamestop to stop selling Gamecube hardware and software

Discussion in 'Gamecube Modifications & General Discussion' started by GaryOPA, Mar 23, 2012.

1. 21,891
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Starting on April 2

[​IMG]

Gamecube is officially a collector's system, according to Gamestop.

Gamestop has officially announced that they wont accept more Gamecube consoles, games and accessories trade-ins starting on April 2, according to a banner located in the retailers trade-ins US webpage and similar signs in stores.

But don't panic, Gamestop will continue selling all the remaining Gamecube stock as they normally do when they stopped accepting the trade-in of other console systems.

NEWS SOURCE: http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/23/gamestop-to-stop-accepting-gamecube-trade-ins-on-april-2/

Our thanks to 'Robe24' for another news story!

2. 888
    wewii

wewii New Member Loyal Member

What took them so long?

3. 13,367
    billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Home Page:
    at a guess the clue is in your username:D since its only now with the family edition and the upcoming wii u that they no longer play on current systems or provide an painless future upgrade for those on the lowest incomes.

4. 0
    LKJHGFDSA

LKJHGFDSA Guest

Uh, what?
    My local Gamestop stopped selling GameCube stuff before the Wii/PS3 even came out!

5. 22
    BurnerAzR

BurnerAzR New Member Loyal Member

Freelance Illustrator, Web Designer/Developer, Art
    Home Page:
    Officially Collectable huh... does that mean gamestop will be charging "collectible" prices too lol. I wouldn't put it past them.

6. 784
    Captain N1

Captain N1 New Member Loyal Member

so the question is what do they do with all the games/systems?
    so they just toss them? If so please give them to me for free. ill pay all the shipping for teh truck load. It wouldnt put it past me if they tosed them. Noobstop used to toss out nes/snes/gen boxes and manuals when they got a trade in back in 2002