GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 23,360
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 306
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

Thanks Gary. I still think Gateway are number 1

2. 22
      AroundTheCorner

AroundTheCorner Loyal Member

Greatness is just around the corner...

Please, Mr. OPA, bestow upon us a juicy hint? Rule out sighax for us at least.

3. 22
      Thmsbkr3

Thmsbkr3 Loyal Member

So, since Gateway ran late to the A9LH party. Some of us have been using custom firmwares other than Gateway and using a Gateway payload to boot into Gateway mode. Is this still going to be allowed? I'm a hardcore Gateway fan but I'm very fond of my current Lumas/Gateway setup that I have so I have double protection! Please let me know if the payload will be updated to the current firmware thanks!

4. 65
      Ccito3ds

Ccito3ds Loyal Member

The problem with Al9h Luma sysnand is firm 1/0 is unprotected so Nintendo changed it losing Al9h(corrupted firm0/1)

Its allowed as they released a bin compatible for people who aren't suckers. Whether or not you want to risk unprotected firm0/1 and native_firm and ruin your set up is up to you

Id appreciate some news on native_firm which is the problem now with black screen. And also addressing firm0/1 protection which just blows

5. 43
      Zaraf

Zaraf Loyal Member

Does anyone know what new features on the Gateway we are expecting to see soon?

6. 306
      Gaming Freak

Should be Pokemon Moon + Sun AP Support at least

7. 22
      AroundTheCorner

Its been 3 weeks. I'm surprised no update yet!

8. 22
      AroundTheCorner

Yeah, it's disappointing. Hopefully @GaryOPA can give us some encouraging news.

9. 23,360
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Nothing encouraging... Last I heard it was still a month away, but that was over a week ago, so with luck by end of March it will be out!

AroundTheCorner likes this.
    10. 306
      Gaming Freak

I love my Gateway but since i put cfw on my 3ds i have not looked back

Ccito3ds likes this.
    11. 570
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

I'm seriously considering switching to updated sysnand, while leaving my emunand at 11.2. Will that work or will that brick? I'm hard modded, so I guess I can try anyway if nobody else has done it yet.

12. 306
      Gaming Freak

I have cfw system nand on 11.3 with everything working perfect. No neex for emunand anymore

13. 570
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

No
      Not with a Gateway, you don't. I want to use Gateway for finding cheats. This is a Gateway forum. If you no longer use yours, then we don't need your comments here.

14. 1,962
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

A lot of you people should know by now that when gateway says soon it means at the very least a month when they are adding new features. And updating to the latest firmware without a cfw is a very bad idea urherenow.

There is also no need to be rude. Gaming freak uas been here a while. Everyone in here started on gateway (for the most part at least) and he is right. Cfw is superior in almost every single way. I have cfw and love it. Its awesome. No chance to brick, can get games from eshop free with a button press.... what more could you want?

And dont be rude to me either, I still use a gateway 3ds. But.... my n3ds is on luma/a9lh and i love it more than my gateway. Its 100 percent superior.

15. 23,360
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Personally, I like to see more support of combo of the two Gateway and CFW, and in part the new update will help inpart gain that end goal.

TheMaster and Cameron like this.
    16. 306
      Gaming Freak

I 100% agree GaryOPA.
      I still love my Gateway but would love to be able to use it with my CFW.

Cameron likes this.
    17. 15
      Snozaz

Snozaz Loyal Member

My wife updated her GW emunand to 11.3 and it's booting to black screen. :(

Since looking up the cause of this I have started to learn about CFW, It seems that have been out of the loop for awhile now.

Could someone please suggest the ideal route to take to use CFW? The best version to use? Are there any downsides to doing that over waiting for the gateway 11.3 fix?

18. 205
      sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

Yeah that would be a big big update if Gateway decides to make a kind of ntr-cfw.
      Boot into luma (or other cfw) lauch a cia-installed program and BAM with [Select] the osd.

Ccito3ds likes this.
    19. 306
      Gaming Freak

Follow this guide step by step and you will be all good.
      https://3ds.guide/

Snozaz likes this.