hit tracker

GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 24,381
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 23
      Jokerchyld

Jokerchyld Loyal Member

Tbh, that reply wasn't meant to be sent. It must of saved and sent with my other post. But anyway thank you for caring. I've been in the scene since the alt.2600 days so you probably wouldnt understand what I'm talking about if you were even born back then.

GW will either deliver or they won't, either is no reason to write a diatribe of your feelings. We get it. Some are upset about how long it's taking.

Accept the things you cannot change, change the things you can. Have the wisdom to know the difference.

2. 11
      NeoG

NeoG Loyal Member

Gateway have gone people. Understand this. They building hype to shift the last remaining cards that the factory produced. All us long time gateway users know that gateway always updated there launcher to work on latest emunand within 1 or 2 days max even when they were working on other things. Am I right or wrong?

Gaming Freak likes this.
    3. 23
      Jokerchyld

Jokerchyld Loyal Member

Well, I don't have any evidence to suggest they are gone other than not hearing from them. I'm not in a rush though either.

I have gateway from day 1. They always updated emunand when they could support it. There was a pause (albeit short) around 9.2 / 10.3 days. Second 11.3/4 has some challenges to overcome which sound bigger than any other version I can remember.

I agree they need a public relations person or community manager and that the silence is disheartening. But I still plan to wait it out.

I plan to get the new 2DS XL stock firmware when released just for Dragon Quest XI when it's eventually localized. So Im good either way.

I will say a deal breaker for me would be no more online play. If thats not supported Im leaving the 3ds scene all together.

4. 2,045
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

This is not true. We waited six months for a firmware release before emunand was released.

yes Gary. Dont get reported for perceived racism like I did. I still laugh at that. Stupid troll.

5. 346
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

Anyway back on topic and we are STILL waiting................................................................................................................

6. 89
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

If there is nothing this week I'll lost all hope :/

7. 638
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

LOL what? Do you know who runs this site?

8. 2,045
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

I know. It was an inside joke between Gary and I. I was reported a month or two ago because I said a lot of Chinese people speak broken english so its hard to understand what they mean sometimes or the wording is way off. so long ago its ridiculous. I think the post was from like 3 years ago. And watch its gonna happen again now.

9. 40
      IlVampirelloXy

IlVampirelloXy Loyal Member

Is true until the cfw is born and the only solution card like gateway.... After sales were down and interest in updating the project. I admit that compared to other NSD cards its longevity was high, I believe that what customers ask for a true and definitive answer.
      To decide what to do.

10. 15
      RENI

RENI Loyal Member

Well looks like there is nothing this week...:(

11. 13
      Sammy_Lee

Sammy_Lee Loyal Member

or so it seems but the day is not over yet ^_^

@GaryOPA

no news about the BIG announcement ?

12. 48
      Wargla

Wargla Loyal Member

@GaryOPA

I really have doubts that a private beta was shared by Gateway team, as you stated in a previous post.
      If that was the case, probably someone would have shared it over the internet. Are you a beta tester ? Can you at least confirm this private beta build is existing ?

13. 24,381
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      @Wargla - I don't have a 3DS or I would be part of the test. -- The Closed Private Beta is between 5 very trusted people that don't link each with a different O3DS/2DS/N3DS setup, plus on top 7 different configuations of regions/machines/native firmware versions at GW HQ themselves. I would call it more of Internal Alpha testing stage, as when GW ready to do basically 'private betas' they have released them on their site with warnings and contacted people publically by email and normally those leak and after a couple of days a public beta is done.

Its father's day weekend, so I don't think I will hear an update from anyone there until after tomorrow is over and they back home, once I do I will see how things are progressing along.

JFSAINTS and Wargla like this.
    14. 346
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

@GaryOPA they have more holidays then our Government.
      Delay after delay its just not good enough

15. 23
      Jokerchyld

Jokerchyld Loyal Member

Thanks Gary. Is there anyway you can provide these informal updates on a weekly schedule? It's nice to hear a semblance of progress over absolute silence, and I believe it will reduce the rampant speculation that gets posted. Just a thought.

16. 89
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

Oh yeah that'll be nice to see the update of their progress without asking

Or even a small "news" on their website when they'll be sure that the update will come soon. (not like the feb one, but like when there was the 48 hours countdown)

17. 3
      Gladstone

Gladstone Loyal Member

I wrote on tech support, if there will be some update and this was the answer:
      "
      Hi

The update is said to be near ready for release. The dev team are testing to make sure it's safe for public release."

18. 66
      MasterPopo

MasterPopo Loyal Member

Soon™ wasn't mentioned? does this mean it's actually about to be released?

19. 3
      Gladstone

Gladstone Loyal Member

Soon™ wasn't mentioned, so i think,that there is some chance for us, that we get some big update soon :) .

20. 638
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

I was a beta tester with the initial a9lh ( that bricked. every. time. Before the public beta (I have O and N3ds both hard modded)). I never released the files, and I have never been contacted again to be a tester, even though I offered this time as well.