GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 24,170
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 28
      stl25

stl25 Loyal Member

I'm still trying to figure out where a video or something more concrete than just a verbal quip that an update is coming. I know a video was mentioned at some point in this wait by @GaryOPA.

2. 19
      fabiobad85

fabiobad85 Loyal Member

what, all this time and no new emunand support? I don't want to do another "hack" to the console... what a bummer :(

3. 80
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

@GaryOPA if they made enough stuff that worth making a teaser video, then they should do it asap.

We'd like to know, atm all we see is text promises :p
      (nothing is better than a video)

4. 2,036
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

You could have downgraded. It requires almost no technical work and there is proper documentation everywhere. Technical work.... are you serious? All you do is download files and run them even downgrading and if you follow the guides exactly you have what a 0.1 percent chance of bricking?

Hell you could have come to this site and asked and one of us would have been able to help you. Quit blaming gateway for your own screw up and over cautious nature. You could have gone to gbatemp or any other site dedicated to 3ds hacking even.

Sure gateway could have written that it was 9.x support only and what they meant was emunand but if you due your research correctly you would have known that.

Do you buy everything before you really know anything about it?

Edit: Also the firmwares arent betas. They may say beta but its always the full release.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
      W0lly and KhenemetHeru like this.
    5. 23
      Jokerchyld

Jokerchyld Loyal Member

And you were using legal backups of your "purchased" games so as not to damage the cartridges right? Stop. If you are going to play games or "homebrew" you have to deal with stuff like this or go full CFW. Its free, but even more technical than Gateway. Look, defeating security isn't easy. If you are not up for the tinkering then you should have never bought gateway in the first place, and just purchased the official games. That's the only way you are going to play online without any issues.

KhenemetHeru likes this.
    6. 23
      Jokerchyld

Jokerchyld Loyal Member

Well it is sounding like emunand isn't viable with the new security features Nintendo introduced. If you just want to play games online go SKY3DS+. Yes its an extra purchase, but I'd argue if you can't afford to invest in something that pays for itself 10x over then you should question why you are hacking to begin with. Remember there is always CFW (which is free). And if you are on a non-downgradeable firmware you are going to have to pay anyway so whats the difference

7. 636
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

What are you talking about? 11.4 emunand has pretty much always worked with CFW. What is being said is that it's obsolete and not needed, not that it can't be done or isn't "viable".

Cameron likes this.
    8. 23
      Jokerchyld

Jokerchyld Loyal Member

Not viable is equal to obsolete and not needed. It's subpar and there are better things to use.

I didn't say it was not possible or available.

Cameron likes this.
    9. 30
      KhenemetHeru

KhenemetHeru Loyal Member

Why do people argue this stuff? It doesn't matter if you think it's obsolete, for some, Emunand+Red Card is here to stay.

Still... Unless GW makes the Red Card multiload menu loading possible directly in CFW, they'll have to support legacy setups or give up their customer base, it's what they always promise after all. If they don't support existing Emunand setups this time with 11.4/5 support in the Launcher.dat, they might as well say they're quitting.

10. 23
      Jokerchyld

Jokerchyld Loyal Member

No one is arguing. The reality is you don't know if GW will continue to support emunand going forward. This isn't a real company and they don't have to do shit. The hope is they will do the right thing and support their customers. But if they didn't it shouldn't come across as a surprise. Piracy isn't guarenteed

11. 40
      IlVampirelloXy

IlVampirelloXy Loyal Member

@GaryOPA
      Give us a new hope with a real date
      Vamp.

12. 80
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

Sammy_Lee and KhenemetHeru like this.
    13. 56
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

At the rate they're going it'll be 11.3 to 21.9

14. 9
      hias

hias Loyal Member

A video would be great at least.

I guess Gateway will be the first to release the NTRboothax/magnethax.

It's obvious because back in the day Gateway paid some homebrew dev (forgot which one) for their first exploits.
      So it happens again :) Community will have to wait till that I guess...

15. 24,170
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      No new update yet, but last week when I was talking about 11.5 everyone was calling me a lair, well here it is! -- Hehe.

BTW, alot of the new updates in 11.5 is based on the bug bounty reports that nintendo paid off for people helping them report 'hacks', 'exploits' on the 3ds to them via their hackerone program, even tho the paid outs are low, it seems people are willing to accept $100 from big 'N' for ratting out private exploits that are not public, instead of 15 minutes of e-fame leaking it and causing scene drama like before.

Oh'well, I will be hearing something by tomorrow or the next day, but the GW hypetrain has already left the 'alpha' station and is just around the corner, next stop is 'release'! :)

16. 28
      stl25

stl25 Loyal Member

I think that hypetrain derailed months ago. At this point we are waiting for the hopetrain (hoping something will be released). Until then don't forget to tip your waiter.

17. 2,036
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

We aint even waiting for the hope train. We are waiting for the dive team to salvage the wreckage of the hype train first.

18. 40
      IlVampirelloXy

IlVampirelloXy Loyal Member

I hope this is a good turn, and I hope that when gateway guys decide to abandon the project, they release documentation to give them the chance to keep the project alive.

19. 20
      zidane28

zidane28 Loyal Member

But according to what I read at another forum, they said the 11.5 update doesn't include much update, just for N2DS sake...?

Anyway Gateway really redefining the word "Soon" and really, it won't kill for them to atleast provide update along the development...

They really should hire a PR or something...

20. 56
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

Given that Pokémon Sun and Moon compatibility was promised for soon after this update and now EmuNand compatibility is promised after this update it could be next year before we see anything concrete.

Gateway really need to release some kind of update for at least 1 of these issues as the world is rapidly moving beyond them and they'll be as trusted as the SuperCard team.