GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 23,894
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 30
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

If you have any info it would be nice to let us know asap :) (date of the video/release)

2. 23,894
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      My last attempts at predicting when the 'next announcement' would come failed, as usual the GW team is always behind on getting out reports on time, well almost never on time. -- Anyhow, an update to their official website is in the works and hopefully will finally appear by this time late next week. (cross my fingers, toes, heart, legs, arms, and spin around as a top) :)

3. 30
      GatewayBugReport

I hope we will finally know what they did during all this time soon.

4. 4
      NeoG

NeoG Loyal Member

Lol your just making this up now.

5. 21
      Jokerchyld

Jokerchyld Loyal Member

@GaryOPA

Thanks for the update (as always). Seeing how you are speaking with the team are you allowed to share the secret that will be released sometime in the future? I'm just curious what they have been cooking in the kitchen...

6. 1,997
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Im calling 11.5 support. Lol

7. 332
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

My CFW 3ds works perfect on 11.5

8. 26
      IlVampirelloXy

IlVampirelloXy Loyal Member

Yes the CWF work perfect but you have need modify sysnand to bot in cwf. You do install the CIA.
      You are much more exposed to Ban.
      I think a working card is a better solution than cfw.
      And I am very curious to find out what the guys in the gateway invented.
      Vamp.

9. 10
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

I just hope that whatever they have lined up is worth it or you'll be able to hear the screams on Mars!

10. 3
      UzriNetanel

UzriNetanel Loyal Member

If we don't get an official update on the website, I'll advise y'all to just move to B9S. I did it and my sysnand was on 4.5, it was ez af and it good. Better than waiting. I lost faith in GW tho I'm a long time user. I don't care for cheats so it doesn't left me with any reason to stay with GW unless I wanna download something from PC and immediately drag it and play, but I rarely download from PC so.. yeah. Just no reason to stay outdated. I couldn't use .3dsx homebrews or luma until now. I had to boot to emunand through settings everytime I boot the console.
      Also my GW emunand crashed several times and then I couldn't boot to emunand so I had to format emunand. It doesn't happen on B9S. The most you'll get is a crash which doesn't put the system in danger and doesn't corrupt anything.
      GG GW we had a long road but it had to come to an end..

11. 30
      GatewayBugReport

I use "B9S" too, just waiting GW to drop update.
      Hope they'll have a simple way to B9S -> whatever it is

12. 1
      ultimatetemper

ultimatetemper Loyal Member

It would be great if the next update was a B9S payload to be able to use the red card + cheats.
      I'm still waiting on GW's 11.2 emuNAND.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
      jonywalker likes this.
    13. 40
      MasterPopo

MasterPopo Loyal Member

still trying to hold out hope. I'm interested to see what they've been working on all this time. Hopeing it's actually something significant. been so long since i tried anything online.

14. 21
      Jokerchyld

Jokerchyld Loyal Member

What is the ban situation like with CFW? I play a lot online (or use their services) so a ban would kill my fun. I remember a ban wave going around and I thought it was mostly targeted towards cfw users. Anyone have details around that?

I'm using sky3ds and while it is a pain getting us specific roms, it suits my needs perfectly. I'm still waiting to see what GW has since region free is easier to deal with.

Can't lie. I'm loving my new3DS XL on 11.5 with sky.

15. 332
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

Mine boots straight into systemnand with CFW and works perfect including online

16. 26
      KhenemetHeru

KhenemetHeru Loyal Member

The links to make Gateway Emunand and the red card work under b9s and Luma as a payload have been shared in this thread, they work fine on 11.4/11.5 cfw, albeit running 11.2 for the Emunand firmware.

Now if you mean booting the red card's loader straight from b9s and Luma without a payload, that would be pretty good, I agree...

17. 1,997
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

(Jeff Foxworthy voice)You know you dont know what your talking about when...............
      You say you are more exposed to bans with cfw.

18. 111
      Ashuraman

Ashuraman Loyal Member

No...no you are not

Just want to say that using cheats on Luma is also super easy, you just have to boot NTR CFW and use the NTR plugins. There is a software that converts Gateway cheat textfiles into a plug in so it's VERY easy to convert, not to mention pre made plug ins are also easy to find

19. 2
      RQV

RQV Loyal Member

Ah... Sorry if i post it here but. Just wondering... Will there be a chance that the gateway team make a flashcart for the switch?

20. 10
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

It took years before the 3ds was hacked so don't expect the switch to be hacked in the first year.