GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 23,894
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 26
      IlVampirelloXy

IlVampirelloXy Loyal Member

Unitil nintendo decide to do it!

2. 1
      Anderneos

Anderneos Loyal Member

Guys, I don't mind waiting, really! Problem is we have no news whatsoever. At least no the 'official' ones. I know GaryOPA is doing his best to keep us update but still...it's a little sad.
      So, what you guys think? Give up to the CFW? I mean, my 3DS has the 4.3 firmware, so I'm not sure if I should take the risk or wait a little bit more....cause you know...SOON we will have an update. :)
      Thanks in advance, everyone!

3. 111
      Ashuraman

Ashuraman Loyal Member

If you are impatient do what i did and go for Lima CFW. Literally the same functionalities as a Gateway card except you'd have to install the games in .cia format while on Gateway it's drag and drop, even thought Gateway needs specially encrypted .3ds files. Cheat wise there are many options to use game cheats on CFW, mostly NTR CFW and NTR plugins. Luma is also compatible with the latest OFW. I don't know exactly HOW dangerous it is to play online however at the moment. So it's really up to you, there are compelling arguments from both sides

EDIT Research show that it's safe to play online with Luma. You'l only get banned if:
      You use cheats online
      You access a game's online functionality before its intended release date

4. 597
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

You are dead wrong and have no clue what "research" even means. Go back home to mommy.

GatewayBugReport likes this.
    5. 30
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

Can confirm that your are 100% wrong.
      They can make a new banwave when Nintendo want, Luma users was affected last time. People that wasn't cheating online or playing at a leaked game online was banned.
      I was using Gateway everyday and no ban, I hope won't they do any new banwave before the Gateway update, since I switched to B9S to wait this update.

6. 111
      Ashuraman

Ashuraman Loyal Member

First of all rude. second of all i don't know what research means? So the fact that every single Luma user on the latest Luma update are saying they have no issues whatsoever playing online and have actual reports of people being banned only when they cheat online isn't research? The fact that i actually LOOKED THIS INFORMATION UM isn't research?. Then please, DO Enlighten me as to what research is instead of insulting someone like an ass

Yeah they were afected because AT THE TIME Luma wasn't as evoled as it is now, hell it wasn't even B9S if i'm not mistaken, it was still A9LH. With the latest B9S Luma you are safe to play online without risk of being banned unless you cheat. This information comes from ACTUAL LUMA USERS that use the current stable builds

EDIT: Might want to add a few more details: . cia games go online with the system's internal private header, Nintendo can't tell the difference between an installed CIA and the legit download/card(Unless they somehow learned how to differentiate that recently.) It is COMPLETELY SAFE to go online with .cia installed games which is what you use in a CFW

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    7. 10
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

You do realise that people don't check for Luma updates every day?

As for banwaves the problem is that we only learn what Nintendo have done with the Firmware AFTER things go wrong. So what is to say that they've not left things a few versions before killing accounts?

8. 111
      Ashuraman

Ashuraman Loyal Member

I check every week XD.
      I suppose it's possible that Nintendo are setting up for a new banwave, gathering console information and stuff like that. Not that i play any games online on my 3ds anyway, the servers are horrible. And like i said there's a possibility that i'm wrong, i admit that, i'm just going from reports from current Luma users

9. 679
      hanz

hanz Loyal Member

Home Page:
      A strong lack of understanding and nievity is here in this thread. The same would put their hand in the fire if told do so.

10. 26
      IlVampirelloXy

IlVampirelloXy Loyal Member

This thread is realy very very off topic.
      Started many many month ago and used for any kind discusion!
      PLEASE GATEWAY TEAM release a new version to close this.
      No for solve the problems with firmware 11.3 11.4 and 11.5 only do terminate this forum in a thread.
      Thanx.
      VAMP.

11. 597
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

Reading a single thread/poll on GBATEMP is NOT research. It's the musings of a mostly 15yo (average) audience who know no better than you. Bans came from many vectors, the most popular being the fact that people were using streetpass with FBI or the like (read: Unauthorized software) showing as one of the last 3 pieces of software that was run. This is only one of the triggers and has no bearing on CFW or Gateway; just running software with unofficial title IDs.

How do you do REAL research? Setup a linux system and a wireless adapter in promiscuous mode, and monitor and decrypt everything sent from your 3DS to the internet during boot-up, sitting idle (but ON, sleep mode and while open), accessing e-shop, playing online, etc. Then examine everything and look at what your 3ds is REALLY sending across the wire.

Or... talk to a Nintendo employee who knows...

You think no information is sent when running a .cia? Well then... how does the system know to tell you that an update is available? Not identifiable because there is no cartridge ID? .CIA based means it was purchased from the eshop, with the exception of those games that came bundled. It is entirely possible for Ninty to see you are running an eshop title that you have not purchased.

Jokerchyld likes this.
    12. 32
      AroundTheCorner

AroundTheCorner Loyal Member

@GaryOPA
      Is gateway team holding out release for the Europe & North American debut of New 2ds XL? [July 28]
      This seems to me like what they're doing even though we know it will have 11.4

13. 111
      Ashuraman

Ashuraman Loyal Member

So you think that GBATEMP was my only source of information? You think i didn't look this stuff up on other sites, some of which gave extreme CLEAR details on what MIGHT(again MIGHT since no one ACTUALLY knows the real cause) have caused all the bans, explained what is and what isn't safe to do when running CFW? You REALLY think i'm that limited? Because if that's what you think you are 100% DEAD WRONG. And DEAD WRONG i will let you remain because i'm not going to waste my time on this thread any longer. I have made the shift to CFW, i place NO MORE FAITH on the Gateway team. If they deliver anything good for them but the most likely even is that nothing is going to come out of this long, LONG wait. And while they are stuck on this "testing" and "debuugging" phase, the CFWs have outclassed them in every single way possible

14. 13
      zidane28

zidane28 Loyal Member

Look, I get that now CFW had, as you said, outclass GW. So?

Seriously I understand that perhaps you are kind enough to tell us that "hey, you know, GW is doomed! Give up! Just jump ship to CFW which is more superior and bla bla bla"

But those of us here are those that still waiting for GW, you can say we are insane/stupid or what so ever, we can't stop you anyway, but we get it K? You already give up GW and move on, so just move on then~

Why are you still here bashing on people who obviously will support GW till maybe there is no new update till the end of this year by GW or GaryOPA? Try to knock some senses to us?

We had our senses don't you worry, and we will one by one give up eventually if there is still no new update in the future...

Just move on, k? Go to CFW forum and rejoice over there~

kineticUk likes this.
    15. 30
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

why on hell are you wasting time posting stuff like this here ?

Sammy_Lee likes this.
    16. 40
      MasterPopo

MasterPopo Loyal Member

This is the week Gary. Lets see if the force is strong with you.

[​IMG]

JenkinsJinkies and zidane28 like this.
    17. 597
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

^^ uhh.... I rest my case?

Wrong. Nintendo employees (some, at least) know. People who actually do research like I SPELLED IT OUT FOR YOU, have a better idea than guessing or reading other's ignorant guesses on forums.
      Absolutely. And your reply proves I am 100% dead right. Thank you.

EDIT: Bottom line, there are only 2 valid sources for information that are not limited: 1)A Nintendo employee, and 2) Actual research involving sniffing the network traffic. Your information came from neither.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    18. 111
      Ashuraman

Ashuraman Loyal Member

Well if you want to call information that came from people who actually DID the research that you spoke of before, as well as contacted Nintendo employees insufficient and ignorant then please, be my guest, that's you'r choice. And unreliably idiotic choice, but your choice nonetheless

19. 70
      crocchio

crocchio Loyal Member

this post:
      GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon from 13.02.2017

Gw maybe is dead? (i think yes)
      -We have no more news since that day on the web site!(13.02.2017)
      -Do not respond to email!
      -There is no interest in selling the cards, cause cfw!
      I would like an upgrade. One of my 3ds has the cfw the other one used gw.

20. 98
      LupinIII

LupinIII Loyal Member

Did they actually post a converted .firm or just the v2gw.bin + gateway.bin method on GBATemp? Converting the GW payload with firmtool works much better. No need for v2gw.bin, though you do still have to use BootCTR9. Not a problem for me, it's been my chainloader of choice since A9LH was released. Though if someone does prefer CBM9, that has a patching feature you can use to change the name of the .ini file BootCTR9 loads. So, you can have a BootCTR9 mini-configuration for anything CBM9 doesn't otherwise support (for the moment, that would be Gateway and Puma).

As for why I would mess with Puma, well, it beats loading Legacy when you have a problem, because it uses a different folder for it's configuration file. So, you're not overwriting your settings every time you switch back and forth. If you don't need the features added in 7.x, it's generally fine for troubleshooting 8.x issues (a second EmuNAND running 9.2 and MenuHax crashing, for example).

Anyway, I hope we will see something this week, but, it's not like this is the first time the website has gone for months without updates. If we don't see an official update, I can upload that converted .firm file if no one else has yet.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
      KhenemetHeru likes this.