hit tracker

GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 24,465
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 2,048
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Ah.... a little wrong there @urherenow.

They said emunand compatibility will be a week after the release. Not a new firmware compatibility. However I do agree with you. If they have cracked 11.5 firmware compatibility it will most likely be released with 11.5 emunand compatibility.

@LeoMane dont get your hopes up, the only 11.5 compatability when can count on is 11.5 emunand. Not sysnand. And it will be after the new release

2. 28
      stl25

stl25 Loyal Member

At this point any release would be a bonus. With all the initial speculation around the original Feb 13th post, this release needs to be a major advancement or they should pack up shop and call an end to development. The best hope for the community at this point is source code release.

3. 638
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

uhhh.... what? Go home, you're drunk. By new firmware, I'm talking about 11.5 (and 11.4 and 11.3). I am not only right, but you just repeated what I said. Congrats.

EDIT: and do I really need to specify emunand? GW has pretty much always used emunand by default since they invented emunand. Sysnand is a special case for people wanting to play GBA and DSiWare, mostly. We don't need GW for that.

4. 6
      BananaSlamma

BananaSlamma Loyal Member

so how is this different from any of the other times gary has told us an update was coming?

sunday will come and nothing will happen

5. 638
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

The fact that a date was put on it instead of "almost" or "soon" maybe?

Nobody invite this guy to a party...

6. 28
      stl25

stl25 Loyal Member

I got hyped over on the GBATemp thread once when they first posted about A9LH implementation. 3 months or more later we got it. Great. But that wait really forced me to take a wait an see approach with GW from that point on. Notice I'm still waitin' and I ain't seein'

7. 90
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

ntrboot was released, now I guess have what they wanted (?)

8. 158
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

As a SECONDARY exploit on a second EmuNAND running 9.2 to run all the homebrew games Rosalina breaks. Still the fastest way into the homebrew menu. It can be run from B9S you know. Just not using Luma 8.x. Works fine using Puma or Cakes on an O3DS. So far just works with Puma on N3DS. Not really tried it with Skeith yet though (I don't think I have, anyway).

And it doesn't look like I'm going to get ctrHexenII, eDuke3D, Spectre3DS, or 3DSCraft to work with Rosalina like I did ctrQuake and ctrWolfen, so, a *hax is still needed. Space being no concern, a second EmuNAND on 9.2 with Menuhax installed is an excellent choice that boots the HB menu fast. It can also run Ninjhax 1.1b if I ever needed it for anything.

I've even got it chaining into the original BootCTR (slightly modified to use a different configuration file than BootCTR9) so I can pick between Gridlauncher, the old 1.x menu, or the 2.x menu, lol.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    9. 2,048
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Yes you do need to specify emunand so some newbie doesnt go out and buy a gateway. Not that that normally stops them anyway. Or calls you a liar and debasses you in front of everyone

10. 17
      leonkennedy

leonkennedy Loyal Member

No hype guys!

11. 80
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

It'll be fun for me with the NTRBOOTHAX and boot9strap update, if it actually comes with it. I've never updated from menuhax.

12. 90
      GatewayBugReport

13. 48
      Wargla

Wargla Loyal Member

Does it mean we may need to use the blue card to install ntrboothax and that we will not have to use emunand anymore ?

14. 19
      fabiobad85

fabiobad85 Loyal Member

I don't even know why I'm still checking this topic for updates... stupid me I guess.

15. 90
      GatewayBugReport

That possible, my guess is that they'll make a revision of the blue card so new users will be able install directly Gateway.

And for old users, since they can access to hax (you don't have a Gateway in 2017 without cfw installed right ?) they'll should be able to update blue card kernal from Gateway menu (if they can)
      Just a theory tho, that how I see it, but emunand side must be from teh CFW itself and not the entrypoint.

16. 24,465
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Yeah, my countdown notice, seem to have caused the Normantt (magnethax) team to speed up their ntrboothax release, oh'well at least it help to get something out of private circles into the open for all to enjoy.

Not sure if the blue card can be updated, as they never did to before to unblock it when nintendo stopped older ds flashcarts from working with their blacklist. -- Gateway's blue card is a cheap clone of an earlier AceKard one, and also based a bit on original DS flashcart that they used to sell before under another brand name long time ago, before reforming the team many years later to get into the 3DS market.

dsmalls likes this.
    17. 80
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

Well I can tell you that the blue card isn't compatible with the NTRBOOTHAX installer.

18. 108
      TheMaster

TheMaster Loyal Member

How much longer must I wait Gateway gods? I need my online with Gateway firmware it is my favorite and I am loyal and still use the version that works to launch and load games and use the Freeshop but I need my new 11.5 Gateway firmware. GaryOPA any new status?

19. 80
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

Well there's about 36 hours before the whole world has finished the 13th August. At least give his countdown chance to expire before asking for updates on it.

20. 638
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

sigh.. fair enough. But with ntrboot, it's super easy to hack an 11.5 system, create an older emunand with it (with the help of a couple of tools, but not that hard), and still use Gateway emunand via chainloading luma->bootctr9->GW. I, or probably a bunch of others, can write a tutorial to do that if needed.