hit tracker

GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 24,465
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 2,048
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

If it comes up then that would be super awesome. I have to start keeping up more with these things. Now to find out the advantages and disadvantages of ntrboot.

2. 638
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

Wrong idea. You need to research the advantages and disadvantages of b9s 1.2. ntrboot is merely an entry point. One that can NEVER be fixed without new hardware. So there are no disadvantages ;). I'm 99.9% sure this is the method used by Nintendo themselves to unbrick systems. Anything that's not physical damage (or probably an MCU brick) can be repaired this way.

There are a couple of .3dsx versions of homebrew that require the luma arm9 patching to work properly, and a couple of other (pretty much dead) projects that simply can't work on b9s+luma8.x because they are so out of date. Those are the disadvantages, if you really want to play them. Things like 3dscraft...

Oh, and the latest luma nightly works best with b9s 1.2. Other CFW, if you can get them to work properly, usually need to be chainloaded via bootctr9 and such. I already do this to chainload into my GW emunand.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    3. 28
      stl25

stl25 Loyal Member

Let's hope this launch doesn't turn out like some of the past North Korean rocket tests.

4. 41
      IlVampirelloXy

IlVampirelloXy Loyal Member

Half eart are ready ! I wouk up ! Is 13 and no fire on gateway house!

5. 17
      leonkennedy

leonkennedy Loyal Member

No hype guys...
      No hype...

6. 15
      RENI

RENI Loyal Member

I wonder what timezone the GW team is using.

7. 90
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

Day just started here, let's see if they release it in some hours :)

8. 2,048
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Lol i do know about b9s and luma. I use luma and a9lh on my new 3ds. Just havent updated to b9s yet. Cant find my laptop. My kid likes to move everything around on me.

9. 17
      leonkennedy

leonkennedy Loyal Member

@GaryOPA You play a dangerous game with us :D

10. 158
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

I'm somewhat skeptical of the blue card's ability to be updated myself. I'm thinking Gateway may issue a new blue card that's a clone of the AK2i with the red cards they produce in the near future. Well, at least I can update my N3DS to 11.5 without worries. I was using an 11.2 SysNAND with a 9.2 EmuNAND, so, I have the whole B, A, X routine committed to muscle memory. You would think that would be hard to enter by accident, but I've already done it once on my hard-modded O3DS (fortunately I picked the right one to screw up with).

11. 36
      PlatinumLucario

PlatinumLucario Loyal Member

Gateway hasn't updated their website since early this year. Something tells me that they've run out of options.

Perhaps one person could suggest to them to develop some .cia file and a .3dsx file that directly enables Gateway Mode (with the ability to switch ROMs while the current CFW and NAND are running. It should work somewhat like what NTR CFW does, which that is... that it runs within an existing custom firmware (eg. Luma3DS).

Now that Boot9Strap has been released, as well as NTRBootHax, I don't really see a need to have a full Gateway-specific CFW being used, since that CFW is incredibly outdated and never really worked on, and cannot boot into AGB_FIRM or even TWL_FIRM, compared to say Luma3DS or even Corbenik which can run AGB_FIRM and TWL_FIRM.

I think the best thing Gateway could really do right now, is to release the source code for their Launcher (which is more of a custom firmware than a launcher), so it can be worked on and improved on by the whole community.

12. 4
      astronautlevel

astronautlevel Loyal Member

Your countdown had nothing to do with them speeding up their release. There were two things that caused them to release when they did:
      1. Up until a few hours before they released, the carts were bricked when they flashed them, and could never be restored to a working state
      2. d3m3 getting his own implementation working and wanting to make his public

13. 90
      GatewayBugReport

How do you explain his post then ?
      https://gbatemp.net/threads/ntrboot-is-out.480586/page-2#post-7508200

Anyway it seem it wasn't the good day
      :go back to my Switch:

14. 17
      leonkennedy

leonkennedy Loyal Member

@GaryOPA We need news! We need answer! :D

GatewayBugReport likes this.
    15. 90
      GatewayBugReport

^
      Yes please tell us that ntrboot didn't delayed it :(
      At least some real news liek the name or the feature of the release, we don't even know what we are waiting for :p

16. 17
      leonkennedy

leonkennedy Loyal Member

Ahah maybe it's true :-/
      In my mind, I thinks it's not for today and not for now... :-/

Attached Files:

17. 90
      GatewayBugReport

well that just from gbafail, but yeah that possible if nothing happens soon.

18. 2
      ihatelucy

ihatelucy Loyal Member

Well, it's officially been 6 months since their last post, I can safely assume the Gateway team has abandoned its users. I mean, theres no reason for them to support Gateway anyway if no one is buying it anymore. I think its time I properly hack my 3ds.

19. 8
      UzriNetanel

UzriNetanel Loyal Member

That was actually and I'm saying this as a past GW user. It becomes Monday soon in some of the world. Soon™ or not Soon™?
      If THERE IS an update, I call that it would be a retirement letter from the team behind GW.

20. 80
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

I have to admit I've gotten tired of waiting. I've put b9s and Luma on my spare 3ds. And using freeshop to get my games. All I really miss with it is the cheat system.