GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 24,169
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 56
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

Well according to Mr Adams the question is what is 6 times 9.

The Hitchhiker's Guide. A brilliant series.

2. 24,169
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Now that we have internet, mobile, tablets, someone really should build the Don't Panic guide/device from the books, with all the info in it, with the mostly harmless section regarding earth, etc.

AroundTheCorner likes this.
    3. 56
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

All you'd need is to download every wiki and encyclopedia, and maybe review site, find some way to search all of them at the same time and you'd have it.

Or just use your phone and Google.

4. 5
      cebus

cebus Loyal Member

hey, i'm new.
      I went to buy a Gateway for my 3ds but my Firmware is 1.0.0 is that possible?
      What can i do?
      I only have R4 on the past, i don't know the Gateway can you help me please?
      By the way i'm French so sorry for my english.

5. 56
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

You have a 6 year old 3ds and have never tried playing a game released in the last 2 years?

The lowest firmware it works on is around 4.5, which uses the mset exploit, I think the highest is 11.2 but the gateway manual states 10.7.

6. 5
      cebus

cebus Loyal Member

I've got my 3ds since 2 or 3 years max, it was a gift from my familly. I wasn't sure that the Gateway work well so i buy a R4 first. Now i want a Gateway. I know that my 3ds wasn't new because there is old picture in it.

7. 80
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

don't buy one until they release an update. (if they ever do)

8. 5
      cebus

cebus Loyal Member

So what did i do. Do i update my 3ds or not?

9. 48
      Wargla

Wargla Loyal Member

Don't buy Gateway. That's a piece of crap now. it is no more up to date.
      About the R4 that you bought, is it one mentioned there?:
      https://3ds.guide/ntrboot.html

If it is one there, you can install 11.5.0 on your 3DS (latest firmware on air), and install ntrboothax using your R4.
      That's really simple, and you will be able to install everything on SD card. You won't need gateway, and the solution is better because up to date.

10. 5
      cebus

cebus Loyal Member

I've got a R4 3ds. So if I install all this i can play 3ds games?

11. 48
      Wargla

Wargla Loyal Member

Check if your R4 linker is appearing on this link:
      https://3ds.guide/ntrboot.html

If it appears, you will be able to install ntrboothax, and play all 3ds games that you want on a SD card.

12. 24,169
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      @cebus - Like others mention, see if your R4 is compatible for NTRBoot, if so use that, and install Luma or other CFW. -- No need to look around for GW at this late stage in the game, even with the update that is coming in October. -- Failing that if you want real plug&play, look into purchasing the newly announced StarGate-3DS, but I would wait until the reviews are posted on this site and other places first in a few weeks, to see if its worth the $80, if so don't order from a reseller that is overcharging on top of the already high price.

13. 56
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

Wow Gary. I'm surprised you're taking a wait and see approach to the new card. I honestly expected you to be singing it's praises.

14. 143
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

@cebus - definitely use that guide Wargla linked to CHECK your card. If it turns out your card will work, don't actually install with it, though. That thing will have you grabbing files from 50 different locations. And it only gives you Luma and Godmode9. It also requires multiple trips to the PC (mine does not) and it doesn't even provide any means of configuring your chainloader from your 3DS (my AIO now lets you set your default payload AND hotkeys via scripts, and allows you to pick them from practically every payload in existence at that).

Grab my InScripted AIO when you're ready to install. It has all the files you need in one place. Plus a script-based installation process with less steps (and less chance of things going wrong). The NDS-based installers are included. Just run the DSi one on your DS flash cart. Once the cart is setup, you have that and the magnet ready, and you've updated your system (I don't think Luma works with 1.0 yet), all you have to do is copy over the B9S configuration that matches your hardware and the "One & Done" installer (say yes when it asks to overwrite) to your system's (micro)SD card. With the "One & Done" installer, once you successfully boot NTRBootHax (which might take a few tries) you will instantly see an install menu. Just pick the first option. When the system reboots, proceed to configure Luma. Instructions are included (hopefully you can understand my English, or it translates to French well in Google Translate).

Well, $80 is enough to make anyone think twice, I would think. 3 years ago that wouldn't have been such a bad deal, but the price of the components should have dropped considerably between then and now. The good old "Boeing 747 for the cost of a pizza" effect as Bill likes to call it should have it in the $30 to $40 price range today.

15. 2,036
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

16. 2,036
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Not editing the last post because i want to know why the hell its red.....

17. 56
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

I'd love to know how you did it too!

As for using Luma I did realise something that isn't mentioned enough. Remove menuhax before installing. I could boot Gateway EmuNand mode but Luma crashed at boot!

18. 636
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

@Cameron For the same reason this text is blue? And this text is Green? Or Purple? or...

19. 2,036
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Lol @urherenow of course. However I didnt tell it to be red. I didnt click or try to make it a different color. I dont know how it happened lol.

20. 5
      cebus

cebus Loyal Member

Thank you Lupin, i just realise that I lost my R4 :( but when I found it I gone try what you say.
      I understand almost everything you said so that cool.