hit tracker

GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 24,380
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 262
      realtimesave

realtimesave Loyal Member

Relax guys. After all, this console is almost dead. Look at the dismal 2018 lineup, the only "good" game not out yet (as a ROM) is another pair of Pokemon games lol. We will see this console turn into a shovelware spam machine by mid 2018. Nintendo needs to release new hardware.

Gateway has provided us means to copy games for a long time. I have no problem with it. I'm sure everything will come out by the end of the year.

2. 346
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

If you have Luma @Cameron why would you update to a cart?

3. 2,045
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

I have two 3ds systems. A new nintendo 3ds. It is on luma/a9lh. It needs to be updated to whatever is the current best cfw.

The other 3ds is the original cosmo black. It is on gateway. Technically they both need updates, but the a9lh one can be updated now. I've just been lazy.

Edit: not being a dick don't take it that way gamingfreak, but, if you reread the middle paragraph i said the same thing in the post you quoted. I just resaid it in an easier way to understand now lol.

4. 155
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

If you want the easiest way to update from A9LH, look no further than my AIO. I have an "A9LH to B9S" installer that is pretty easy to use. Just pick one of the first two options. Don't worry too much about which one to pick. You can switch at any time using Sighax Updater. I'd recommend using GM9 for your firm, because having a boot menu built into the firm has many advantages. And my configuration keeps Gateway hotkeyed on B. So you can have both as long as you don't mind setting up an 11.2 EmuNAND on the card. However, the hotkeys are changeable via the included scripts, so, if you don't want to have GW as an option, you can change that hotkey to whatever else you might want. It's the only installer I know of that lets you choose between using B9S and GM9 as the installed firm.

I offer a ton of exclusive extra options no one else does at this point (and I don't know why that is, because Plailect is more than welcome to use my stuff, as long as he gives me credit). I just added a feature to manage multiple TWLN partitions so you can install more DSiWare. And I've got a couple of great ideas for R10 already -- a "Remove Menuhax" script (some people might find it convenient, even though it's easy enough to just boot Luma Legacy or Rei-Six and switch your theme), and a "Junk Cleaner" script to get rid of the crap PC OSes tend to place on removable media (Recycle Bin, .DS_Store, thumbs.db, etc.). Though this really needs the planned "if" and "goto" commands, and a recurse feature for the "find" command to be done properly. But just cleaning the root and "3DS" folders of this clutter will be a good start, I think.

5. 173
      cyx

cyx Loyal Member

any quick way to convert gateway savegame to luma ? except doing it one by one ?

6. 76
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

7. 155
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

I asked d0k3 if he was working on a way to mount 3DS flash cart .sav files for GM9, and he said that it was something being worked on, but that it has hit some snags, and that he could not give me any guarantees. The proprietary nature of the files complicates things.

Arguably, much like converting all your .3ds/.3dz files to .cia files, it's more trouble than it's worth. Just do the ones you want to go online with.

I've seen it, but I don't really see a reason to switch from JKSM (especially considering how ugly it looks in the screenshot). If icons have any place at all in a serious app that prioritizes function over form, it's on the left side of a list view.

I can add it to my GW save conversion scripts, but it's not going to offer any advantage over SDF or JKSM. Gateway simulates a cart, not multiple installed CIAs. Since there can only be one cart slot game loaded at any given time, multi-select features will not help you here. On top of that, you have Gateway's redirection to deal with (unless it's a type 2 ROM). Because of that, the save must be copied/renamed to the save manager's title ID to trick Gateway into loading it as the cartridge save when you run the save manager. Basically, unless GM9 can come up with a way to mount the save files, mass conversion just will not be possible.

8. 173
      cyx

cyx Loyal Member

9. 6
      Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine Loyal Member

Only a few more days. Are you really willing to continue to bet your reputation on this team?

10. 76
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

No offense to Gary but in relation to this Gateway update, or even the StarGate release, his reputation is almost non existent.

His steadfast belief in every word to come from them despite the fact that they have misled him every time they contact him is adorable, but very annoying.

11. 2,045
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

I dont know that gary necessarily believes them. He tells us what they say to them and tries to remain optimistic, but outright belief...... after everything? I highly doubt it.

12. 76
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

People should never be optimistic. You're nearly always disappointed.

Always expect the worst. That way either you got what you expected or you're pleasantly surprised.

13. 24,380
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      is your glass half full or half empty. with GW you normally end up with the later half empty. :)

14. 76
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

Depends on what I'm drinking. If it's beer anything less than a full glass is empty!

15. 89
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

16. 24,380
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
    17. 76
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

So the review units next week, at best, with the consumer units most likely the week after. Since that puts us in December as an actual release date for StarGate, unless more delays crop up, that should have our gateway update in the new year.

I hope it's worth it.

18. 346
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

I think your dreaming if you think they will release an update for the Gateway. The team has done runner and on holidays enjoying all the cash. Just like other flashcard teams they all eventually fall by the sword. R4, Supercard, Ninjapass and now Gateway.

19. 76
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

In all honesty I think we all know that, but without dreams we have nothing to hope for.