hit tracker

GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 24,466
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 24
      zidane28

zidane28 Loyal Member

Would be very nice if Gateway update today as Thanksgiving gift, but oh well...

Happy thanksgiving too...

Unfortunately at my place there is no Black Friday..

2. 38
      Edwinem

Edwinem Loyal Member

Yeah... Can we all agree this update isn't happening anymore? Maybe start discussing what the best alternative card is now Gateway is not receiving updates anymore?

3. 9
      Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine Loyal Member

You mean like a free CFW? Like something we’ve had for years now?

4. 38
      Edwinem

Edwinem Loyal Member

Eh, yeah, like, totally like that.

5. 9
      Lilith Valentine

Damn, I wish someone would make something like that. Maybe even several of them, if possible.
      It’s too bad nothing like that exists already :(
      Seriously though, there are no other active carts, (unless you want to cling to the myth that Starwait will ever get released,) just set up a free CFW and stop us these carts.
      It’s December, Gary, it’s December. I understand that they later turned around and said that it was pushed to December, but that doesn’t change that you were given wrong information again. They are using you as scapegoat.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    6. 24,466
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
    7. 9
      Lilith Valentine

I think we are actually looking at never. We aren’t going to get a gateway update.
      Even if we do see an update, was it really worth the nearly year long wait to be caught up with free CFWs?

8. 24
      zidane28

zidane28 Loyal Member

9. 90
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

At least the Stargate wasn't a scam

10. 11
      morph95

morph95 Loyal Member

Very soon? The last news is 13th February 2017...
      ... Gateway3DS is dead !

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    11. 8
      Vnice

Vnice Loyal Member

12. 11
      morph95

morph95 Loyal Member

13. 11
      morph95

morph95 Loyal Member

email sent to the Stargate3DS tech, their response:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    14. 275
      realtimesave

realtimesave MaxConsole Product Reviewer MaxConsole News Team

Gateway3DS is still the best flashcart, just requires older version FW to run. They'll release an update, just gotta wait a while. But I think the update is just to support the latest emunand.

Gateway3DS is a scam? lol okay. Not really. It's an old flash cart. How many R4 have you guys seen? :) Haven't heard of R4 being a scam yet.

Cameron likes this.
    15. 24
      zidane28

zidane28 Loyal Member

So does that means Gateway won't be update anymore and had see the end of the day?

To @GaryOPA that had promise the moon and the star regarding Gateway, you have some explaining to do!

Seriously, will Gateway ever receive final update as a final thanks for all the customers that had supporting Gateway all this while?

If yes? Please give a date! With Stargate launch, he/she should have a little time to reply this simple question!

16. 11
      morph95

morph95 Loyal Member

I didn't say Gateway3DS is a scam! I have many of them. I love this flashcart. I just say the likely end is near or has already begin! Maybe future games will not work with the Gateway.

17. 15
      NeoG

NeoG Loyal Member

Why would they release an update for gateway now. They want you to buy the new card. Don't expect an update.

18. 159
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

So, we're not even going to get anything this year from the GW team. Well, at least you all got something from me before the year ended. I just released InScripted R10. It's such a leap forward, I almost feel like I should come up with a new name. Especially since it doesn't even use the "Scripts" menu anymore. The new "Settings" SSR truly redefines the concept of a dynamic configuration. No more having to get to the "Scripts" menu to configure the chainloader. Just hold R and it's all right there.

Doubtful. Nintendo has not been adding new functions or features. They didn't even bother updating NATIVE_FIRM in the past two releases. Prior to 11.5 they had been updating it every release. They have simply been killing older exploits and performing ban waves. I'd be surprised if the system even makes it to FW 12.0 at this point. They can't block NTRBootHax. They can't break Luma without breaking the system itself, because it extracts the current NF straight from CTRNAND and patches patterns instead of fixed addresses. And switching keys is pointless with the boot ROM accessible. If it wasn't for the N2DS, the final firmware probably would have been 11.4. Their bag of anti-hacking tricks is played out. Besides, they have all but completely moved on to the Switch.

In the unlikely event a future game doesn't work with GW, then I guess you'll just have to beat it without cheating.

As for how you would play it, well, it's not like most of us aren't running both at this point (if you're not, go get my new version of InScripted, it makes it easy. And R10 just made it even easier. You no longer even have to get to GM9's "scripts" menu to use any of the features.

GaryOPA likes this.
    19. 67
      MasterPopo

MasterPopo Loyal Member

so many months and still nothing, Hey! we broke 1000 comments!

20. 11
      morph95

morph95 Loyal Member

Response from tech @ stargate-3ds.com about updating Gateway3DS and when will:
      very very wait & see...