GCOS 1.5 "LAN Explorer" server, GCOS-RLS v1.5

Discussion in 'Gamecube Modifications & General Discussion' started by crazyshiza, Jan 9, 2006.

1. 572
    crazyshiza

crazyshiza Loyal Member

Home Page:
    Here is an updated GCOS Remote Loading Server for use with the LAN Explorer feature of GCOS v1.5.

The LAN Explorer feature is used to load .dol and .elf files and stream .gcm and .iso files from your PC to your Gamecube. It allows you to browse your PC's harddrive and select the file you wish to load.

There is an included ReadMe.txt for information, but briefly, to use it:

Run the GCoS-rls.exe on your PC, connect your PC to your Gamecube and set the proper IP settings in GCOS. Select the LAN Explorer option under the Tools menu in GCOS to begin browsing your PC.

If you have any problems or find any bugs, please post them.

2. 643
    emu_kidid

emu_kidid Loyal Member

Home Page:
    Very cool it works ok now for all dol files?

3. 572
    crazyshiza

crazyshiza Loyal Member

Home Page:
    All the dols I tested worked.

The only thing I did to fix it was to use Softdev's vrmdsend to send the dols. We'll see how well it works by the responses do this thread :p.

4. 0
    sayianpride

sayianpride Guest

I couldn't get this to run because it was missing the MSWINSCK.OCX.
    I was able to download MSWINSCK.OCX to the GCOS-RLS directory and it started fine. thought maybe you should know some people will be needing to do that.

Sayian

5. 0
    Hobbes

Hobbes Guest

sweet deal. thank you very much for this awsome app.

6. 55
    skidude2121

skidude2121 Loyal Member

I did what Sayianpride did, but I still get Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument

7. 0
    Coolvortex

Coolvortex Guest

it's not working for me... I enter the correct ip settings in gcos, then open the program on the pc and then go to lan explorer but it's stuck on "loading..."

8. 572
    crazyshiza

crazyshiza Loyal Member

Home Page:
    I'm not sure what either of the problems are, I would need more information as to what the settings are and what process you are doing.

9. 0
    Coolvortex

Coolvortex Guest

well, I'm sure the network in gcos is working fine because if I go to the ip of the gc from firefox I see the dol loading stuff. And I'm using a router. If you need to know anything else tell me.

10. 572
    crazyshiza

crazyshiza Loyal Member

Home Page:
    That means that you have the correct ip address for your Gamecube, Are you sure that you have the correct address for you computer though? You have to make sure that the ip settings in GCOS have your correct computer IP which is probably something like 192.168.1.100.

11. 0
    arty

arty Guest

i have the same problems as vortex...
    i can access the cube via internet explorer and can upload DOLs too but the LAN explorer doesnt work.

stucks at Loading....

and i cant find any options in GCOS to enter my Computer IP, only for the cube itself.
    btw i set gateway to 192.168.1.1 (of my router)

12. 643
    emu_kidid

emu_kidid Loyal Member

Home Page:
    Set the gateway to your computers IP and perhaps it will find it through the router.

13. 0
    arty

arty Guest

hmmm nope...still loading^^

ahh lol edit:

works!
    i tried 1.100 but i forgot my PC is 1.101 :D

14. 572
    crazyshiza

crazyshiza Loyal Member

Home Page:
    Thanks emu,

I should have mentioned you need to set the Gateway IP in GCOS to your computer IP.

15. 55
    skidude2121

skidude2121 Loyal Member

When I start lan explorer on my gamecube, the server on my computer crashes and gives me the run-time error message. The same thing happens using GCOS 1.4. IP's are all correct and I can ping my gamecube from my computer.

16. 572
    crazyshiza

crazyshiza Loyal Member

Home Page:
    The file included in this post will only work with GCOS 1.5. I'm not exactly sure why you are getting that error though. The source is included with the file if you know and visual basic 6 you could try and debug it.

17. 643
    emu_kidid

emu_kidid Loyal Member

Home Page:
    Crazyshiza, got some free time to port the code over to the libogc gcos?
    Send me a PM and i will set you up if you want.

18. 0
    Coolvortex

Coolvortex Guest

Yea it woked by using my pc's ip as gateway, didn't realize I had to do that. Thanks a lot

19. 0
    arty

arty Guest

well btw i cant get a stream to work anyways^^

i get an initialization error at the starcube screen but i guess this has nothing to do with GCoS or the streaming server, has it?

20. 572
    crazyshiza

crazyshiza Loyal Member

Home Page:
    No, it doesn't have to do with GCoS or the streaming server, it has to do with the starcube loader.

The initialization error can be cause by not having an original game in the gamecube, you need to have an original game in the drive to stream games.

It can also be caused by a incompatable network card, if this is the case you can either try a network card that is compatable (if you do some searching of the forums you should be able to find which are good) or change the configuration in the gcos-rls.exe to use GCSIM Preview instead of GCSIM repack.