hit tracker

Help with red card

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by EndlessQuestions, Nov 2, 2017.

1. 12
    EndlessQuestions

EndlessQuestions Loyal Member

I have a few questions regarding Gateway. I have just about given up on waiting for the update.And on November 17th Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon comes out and I have bought that....mainly for the preorder toys. And so I wanna know first how to update my 3ds using Luma or should I give up on Luma and try B9S (I haven't updated in a loooong time so I forgot and it seems so much has happened I don't know where to start). Next I wanna know how can I get my red card to work.I push select and nothing comes up. I mainly wanna get it to work so I can transfer my save data to cia files. I'm sorry for asking this question if it's been asked. I just wanna know what I should do. Thank you to everyone who helps.

2. 233
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

Hi Endless,

you can use the 3ds.guide tutorial to install b9s and with it luma.

To clarify b9s is not a cfw its an entrypoint like mset or menuhax or spider.... etc
    Luma is a cfw like Gateway, ReiNand, cake, ... etc
    You need an entrypoint to boot the cfw. so it make sense to switch to the newest and thats b9s.

After you installed b9s with luma you are save and you can use your SYS-Nand with Pokémon ultra.
    With two payloader you can still use your Gateway with EMU-Nand.

Conclusion:
    - Install b9s with luma
    - You can have SYS-Nand on the newest Firmware to play all buyed games
    - You can stay with EMU-Nand on 11.2 to use your Gateway. And boot it with a button pressed while starting the 3ds

EndlessQuestions likes this.
  3. 12
    EndlessQuestions

Hey sweatbox,
    This is my fault I should mention that I'm currently on 11.2 with al9h and when I got al9h on my 3ds I got rid of my emunand as a few people recommended me too. Is there anyway to get a new Emunand as it seems easier as itseems incredibly difficult to move my .3ds savs to .cia format as I actually cannot find them on the root of the card HOWEVER when I use gateway and choose the game (they are all undubs) the game is perfectly fine and i can open my savile file and save again however I cannot find it at the root of the SD card. So what should I do? I'm terribly sorry for this extremely long post. But thanks for your advice. So is there anyway I can create an emunand again. I kinda forgot how to....

4. 233
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

Backup your 3ds sd card as it will be formated.

As you are under a9h you can use EmuNand9 to create an emunand. (maybe unlink them afterwards and put the backup of your 3ds sd card back into the sd)
    You should update to b9s its easy going as you have a9lh installed. have a look at the 3ds.guide A9LH to B9S section. And how to get gateway running under b9s

5. 12
    EndlessQuestions

Thanks sweatbox,
    Is EmuNand9 easy to use or will I need a guide?And I should make an emunand before I update to b9s right? And I'm sorry for such a stupid question...backing up...just means making a copy and moving them to my pc right? Sorry. Thank you so much for your help.

6. 233
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

All is fine. For question we are here.

Is EmuNand9 easy to use or will I need a guide?
    I think Emunand9 is very easy to use. Just select Complete EmuNAND Setup.

And I should make an emunand before I update to b9s right?
    You can also make one if you have b9s installed but its easier with the a9lh payloadere.

backing up...just means making a copy and moving them to my pc right?
    yeap

7. 12
    EndlessQuestions

sweatbox,
    I truly appreciate all of your help. I will begin the process after work tomorrow.I'm so grateful. Thank you so much!

8. 12
    EndlessQuestions

sweatbox,
    I'm beginning the process I'm backing up my sd card and have download Emunand9. How exactly do I unlink them? Will it be an option?

9. 12
    EndlessQuestions

sweatbox,
    I tried to use Emunand9 however when I try toboot it up with the homebrew launcher it just causes my 3ds to freeze. What should I do?

10. 12
    EndlessQuestions

Oh I figured it out I found a bin file! Now I'm just waiting for my files to transfer back to my sd card and then trying to figure out how to unlink~! Then I can begin upgrading to b9s

sweatbox likes this.
  11. 233
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

Nice to see you get progress.

To unlink you have two possibility.

1) Remove the SD Card and Format your SysNand
    2) Install the cia of TinyFormat on your EmuNand and execute it.

Now your Sys and EmuNand are unlinked and you are save for update one part you dont want.
    Installed CIAs are on the other Nand not visible!

12. 12
    EndlessQuestions

So I used TinyFormat and it made my emunand reset to how the 3ds was out of box. It's supposed to do that right?

13. 12
    EndlessQuestions

And I'm kinda confused about how to use Gateway. I tried pressing the select button but the screen doesn't pop up. Do I need to do something more? I had it set that when I booted I just pressed down and it would bring me to the Gateway (fast boot? not sure) screen. Now I set it so that I press L when booting to boot my EmuNand so how can i boot Gateway like this? Sorry again for the questions.

14. 233
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

Hi,
    Yes tiny format had that effect.

Have you installed B9S or are you still under a9lh? While booting do you see the gw dragon?

15. 12
    EndlessQuestions

No, I don't see the dragon. I'm still on a9lh. I will finish with upgrading to b9s today after i figure out gateway. what should i do? before i made emunand? i set it up so that when i push down on the d pad while booting it would load gateway. But when setting up my Emunand i made it so that when i hold L while booting it goes to emunand. Is there anyway i can boot both? What should i do? I tried holding down on the dpad and L and nothing seemed to happen. Should i try again? Or what should i do.

16. 12
    EndlessQuestions

I figured it out yay~! First I booted in Emunand holding L while booting. then I decided to check System Settings and then I closed it and held down on the d pad immediately after closing system settings. And it booted into Gateway! Thank you so much for all of your help after work today I will begin upgrading to b9s.

17. 233
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

Congrats.

Explanation:
    You have booted emu nand with Luma. Not with gateway. That was the reason why the select button doesn't work. After exiting the settings the 3ds makes a reboot. Because you pushed down the gw payload started and it worked.

Hope the upgrade to B9S is a success like that. Wish you luck and enjoy the experience.

18. 12
    EndlessQuestions

sweatbox,
    Ah ok thank you that makes sense! You are such a nice person! Thank you. I have finished upgrading to B9S All I have left is to finish the gateway portion! Thank you so much!