How much will the Nintendo Switch cost?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Jan 9, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Jan 9, 2017 at 1:56 PM
  1. 23,362
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Rumors suggest £180 / $250 USA Price Tag for long-awaited console that is finally officially being unveiled on Friday!

Two different recent sources suggest the Nintendo Switch hybrid might be priced on the lower-end below the previously rumored $299 price, and also pre-order page from UK retailer gives the console an release date of March 17, 2017 and costing only £198.50!
    [​IMG]
    With only a few days before Nintendo has their big live-stream event from Japan on Friday officially announcing all the details on their new Nintendo Switch hybrid, the rumors are coming in fast and crazy, with the latest being about 'release dates' and new low prices! :)
    Besides the above source Nikki pointing to low price, an pre-order page has appeared recently at GameSeek, and it also has low price and best of all an release date of March 17th, which puts it inline of what Nintendo been suggesting in the past for their launch window.

NEWS SOURCE #1: How much will the Nintendo Switch cost? (via) Mirror
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Nintendo, attention price is 25,000 yen (via) Nikkei
    NEWS SOURCE #3: Nintendo Switch Console (via) GameSeek

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Jan 9, 2017.

1. 200
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

so just short of £200 for a "next, next gen system" thats hardware is weaker than the launch models of the xbx1/ps4.

saying that, even if it was priced at what id say is decent, £129, i still wouldnt buy it.

2. 950
      WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

In the states, $200 is a good price point. Would be nice if they'd throw in a pro controller for that amount as well. More than likely it'll be $249 though for a bare bones system.

I remember back in the day, my SNES came with mario world, and two controllers for $200.

3. 23,362
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
    4. 1,432
      IJTF_Cinder

IJTF_Cinder Loyal Member

Home Page:
      Oh look...it's Nintendo's "Dreamcast" that I won't be buying. If I could return my WiiU for a refund I would.

5. 23,362
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Switch will be more like Dreamcast 2, --- Wii U was already Nintendo's Dreamcast, it only reached 13 million units sold, and the best game for it the new Zelda is not coming out for the Wii U until the Switch is out, which makes it even more like Dreamcast, as the best games for it appeared a few months after it was already killed off! :)

Even Nintendo only listing 2 million Switch units for sale in its investor outlook for launch, compare to the 5 million Wii U's it est. would be sold during launch! :)

6. 1,432
      IJTF_Cinder

IJTF_Cinder Loyal Member

Home Page:
      I meant Dreamcast as in their last console ever...as in they're dead. I've owned EVERY system they've ever made, but I'm PISSED at this point and they can kiss my ass.

7. 950
      WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

Ughh, that's just bad, even Nintendo doesn't expect it to do well.

Might be a smart move though, set expectations low, then if it exceeds those marks or doubles them, shareholders rejoice.

That console thing you posted up there was pretty cool btw, very interesting to see the time / cost comparison. I wonder how much my dad paid for the Atari 7800 we got when I was a kid, and how much those games were. Been so long.

Edit: Looks like the 7800 was about $140, today that would be around $305 and change according to wiki.