hit tracker

Introducing the Seedi - Retro Gaming System

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Sep 25, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Sep 25, 2017 at 1:33 PM
  1. 24,270
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Play classic CD games and more on your modern TV
    [​IMG]

Yet another Retro Gaming System has appeared on IndieGoGo, but this one is bit different in that it contains an CD/DVD Player to allow you to play your original Classic gaming discs, and also has optional adapter for 'original cartridges', instead of other Retro systems that purely just run emulators with SD Cards, this one contains extra hardware to allow 'original discs & cartridges' to play directly, and so far at press time they have raised 26% of their $50,000 goal and published an impressive list of features and specs. as listed below:
    czhztmbk7orugpwzqvjv.jpg f7n9qwbcjq6azv62nvwy.png

x5l3p5misecrc8udggwv.jpg zmtil47wvsamdjsbf8vi.png
    Check it out on their official project page linked below, but as usual this system has come under fire by the LibRetro team for using the RetroArch system with an custom interface skin to handle their core emulation of various gaming consoles, but they make no mention of that on their project page, so think twice before backing it, and remember to support the true pioneers of retro classic gaming emulation the LibRetro team! :)
    OFFICIAL SOURCE: Seedi - Retro Gaming System (via) IndieGoGo

Comments

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Sep 25, 2017.

1. 6,549
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

2. 24,270
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      They claim this in their 'FAQ' section:
      Hard to say, no pictures of the 'actual hardware' yet, but on their YouTube channel they have some demos of it working.

3. 6,549
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

They say they're not using the RPi....they didn't say they weren't using another similar device.

I came up with the theory by simply googling the SoC they gave in the spec and comparing the I/O ports.

Of course I could be wrong but so far it makes sense.

I'd be surprised if this was fake, considering that this may be essentially just $20-30 of off the shelf parts in a custom case with some modified version of retroarch.

In some ways I actually like the concept, although I would want something for my RPi, I'm surprised they didn't go a step further and include an internal HDD since that would require only a small amount of more effort in theory.

Makes me wish I had a 3D printer now, I'd like to make a custom case for my RPi 3.

4. 24,270
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page: