Is Crackdown 3's Delay A Bad Sign For The Xbox One X?

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Aug 18, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Aug 18, 2017 at 2:18 AM
  1. 24,169
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    With Crackdown 3 being delayed until Spring of 2018, what does this mean for the game, and for Xbox One as a whole?
    [​IMG]

Microsoft has taken another big blow to their 'pocketbooks', after losing a few exclusives, one of the biggest ones revealed at E3 2017, is no longer coming in November, in fact Crackdown 3 has now been officially confirmed to be delayed until Spring of 2018, (NEXT YEAR!)
    But famous gaming analyst Pachter says it really does not matter, loyal Xbox fanboys, will just wait until March to buy the game instead.
    So what do you think the holiday sales of the Xbox One X will be like, with so many delay announcements, and much higher pricetag, does the PlayStation 4 Pro with all its 'game patches now available', and the upcoming v5.0 firmware offer a better deal to the gamer?

NEWS SOURCE: Is Crackdown 3's Delay A Bad Sign For The Xbox One X? (via) HTechTop

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Aug 18, 2017.

1. 188
      Dreamcazman

Dreamcazman Loyal Member

Computer Technician
      Home Page:
      I wasn't going to buy the game anyway so it makes no difference to me.

I'll still be grabbing the XboneX on Nov 7th.

2. 248
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

means nothing at all.

Id rather have a game put on hold to polish it off than rush it and have a bug riddled game like nintendo did with BOTW and other devs do.

Thing is you cant win, people bitch about games riddled with bugs and day one bug fixes, and they also bitch at games being delayed while they continue to work on it.

I recently got the first two on 360 and playing through the first one, then hit the 2nd and maybe invest in a xbx1x if MS have removed its BS power options.

Yup that is the one thing preventing me from getting another XBX1.

3. 6,533
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

A delayed game is fine, so long as its good in the end.

Ive heard the Xbone X has worse problems to deal with anyway e.g. Marketing as not all games will be 4k.

Whats wrong with the power options?

4. 248
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

thats it tho, its only optional if game devs want to support it and thats all it has to offer, end of the day devs still have to make sure its games support launch models.

as for power options, unless they have removed them then its obvious what i ment.

5. 1,300
      rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Loyal Member

If the blowhard Patcher is still spouting off, it's only to hang on to the hopes he can stay relevant.

6. 6,533
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

No it's not obvious, is it something in the game? Is the units power draw too high in standby? Etc.

7. 1,300
      rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Loyal Member

Mind you if they didn't announce games a year into development looking to drum up funding and hype then they wouldn't be pressured to keep unreleastic release dates that they set themselves. I have no sympathy for any game company today as they all do this.

Game development takes years. Not 1 or 2 but for a good AAA game, at least 3 or 4. You can cut corners and hire a huge team to cut that down but that is the realistic timeline. We don't really have any AAA games being released any longer. You get half-finished games. The industry invented this dlc thing now where you can download the other half of the game a year or two after release or download pieces as they get finished. I haven't seen a completed game on release in years now.

This isn't the devs fault. It's not the designers fault. It's not the programmers or testers fault. This is the business side creating another game crash. All the signs are there. It's only a matter of months, maybe 2 years on the outside away before the industry is in another crisis.

8. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      PS4 Pro had 0 exclusives on launch.
      Xbox One X have Forza 7, Cuphead and Tales at launch.

This means XBX have 3 more exclusives than what PS4 Pro did.