hit tracker

Kodi media player arrives on the Xbox One

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Dec 29, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Dec 29, 2017 at 9:25 PM
  1. 24,630
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Welcome back XBMP
    [​IMG]

We all here at MaxConsole, remember the glory days of original Xbox console modding, the main thing to install after you got it flashed or modded was a new dashboard like EvoX or AvaLaunch, and then of course right away installing XBMP with all its plugins, and now the joy of those days can be re-lived on the Xbox One console, as Microsoft surprising enough has helped the Kodi Team to port it over to UWP format and its now rolling out across the world on the Xbox One Store, with Europeans getting the first dibs! :)
    Hopefully, it will last a while on Xbox One store, but if any 'bad repos' appear with pirate content plugins or emulators, then for sure Microsoft will come a calling and pull the app, in other news Kodi also finally released a full 64-bit only version for PC Desktop Rigs!

NEWS SOURCE: Kodi media player arrives on the Xbox One (via) TheVerge

BittBoy

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Dec 29, 2017.

1. 347
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

I am very surprised that MS have allowed this, I bet it won't last long.

Even though it doesn't directly come with add-on's to allow users to stream movies/tv shows etc like most kodi boxes do, but it still easily allows users to find them and install, creating their own kodi box on the xbox one..... I have lol.

But I hope it doesn't get pulled because I have almost given up trying to use the XBX1X as a games console with its endless error codes no thanks to it being basically online only console, so sitting streaming movies etc brings more use for this over priced black box.