hit tracker

Microsoft says demand for Xbox One X is 'exactly where we anticipated, even more'

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Nov 3, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Nov 3, 2017 at 12:28 AM
  1. 24,380
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Demand for the Microsoft Xbox One X is "super high," Panos Panay, the company's head of devices, told CNBC
    [​IMG]

Microsoft says demand is very high for new Xbox One X, but they will not discuss actual numbers, or compare it to other consoles!
    So there you go 'demand is very high', and 'shortages are going to occur'! -- What do you think about the Xbox One X craze?

NEWS SOURCE: Microsoft says demand for Xbox One X is 'exactly where we anticipated, even more' (via) CNBC

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Nov 3, 2017.

1. 282
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

this pr statement sounds more like nintendo bs pr.

yes our console is selling very well but were not going to give factual numbers.

if the console is selling to their predictions, that means you predicted a number, if you have an estimated number then do you not work to full fill that order and if orders exceed the launch units, do you not increase production to meet the demand?

or do you do the typical nintendo, know your going to have a demand, intentionally keep supply short to keep the demand high.

but like nintendo i dont beleive the XBX1x has such a high demand that it cant meet its supply, like nintendo i think theyre telling everyone demand is high to make others think it must be something worth buying.

funny nintendo keep claiming its now back in stock after supply shortages..... strange because everywhere i look has them in stock and have done so i think after a few months of it initially launching.

i only pre ordered the XBX1x to see what all the 4k fuss is about, having a 4k tv and nothing running in 4k seems pointless.

2. 6,561
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

They likely want to have a certain degree of control.

Not revealing the numbers means they can control expectations and what they reveal to investors/stock market.

Thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised if supplies are also intentionally kept to a certain level for a while, that way if it fails both sales wise and QC wise, then they don't end up with warehouses full of the things.

These days information can be twisted in different ways, to use your Nintendo reference, is it that Nintendo have managed to ramp up production or has interest declined? At work we regularly got shipments in but they were usually gone soon after, but the amount of units received was also less than the Xbone or PS4 (although the Pro is in a similar position stock income wise).

BTW, just a reminder that not all games will be 4K.