Miyamoto: Nintendo is working on the 3DS successor, not a 3DS revision

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Jun 12, 2012.

By GaryOPA on Jun 12, 2012 at 6:21 PM
  1. 22,037
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    They are already 'working' on the future Handheld Generation

[​IMG]

In an interview with IGN, Miyamoto says that he is satisfied with the 3DS hardware as it is.

In a recent interview with IGN, Miyamoto talked about the Nintendo 3DS and the company plans about a possible re-design.

When questioned about Nikkei's recent report about a "3DS XL", he said that Nintendo is more focused on the 3DS's successor than anything else:

Now, Miyamoto emphasized that he feels there is plenty more that can be done with this current hardware and 3D gaming in general.

And finally, when asked about the option of including a second Circle Pad in future 3DS models, Miyamoto said that the system's gyroscope as a way to accommodate that need.

Although its pretty obvious that a Nintendo exec. won't reveal any plans about a possible 3DS re-design (so people don't stop buying the current device), seems that he's pretty clear on this matter.

So, I think we shouldn't expect anything new in the close future?

NEWS SOURCE #1: Nintendo working on future handheld generation (via) IGN
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Forum Thread #478116 (via) NeoGAF

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Jun 12, 2012.

1. 6,199
      Retroboy

Retroboy Banned MaxConsole Troll BANNED FOREVER

I sell online ads for a living, but love to compla
      Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
      Home Page:
      satisfied?? so nintendo are happy that their gamers are playing games that have nice graphics but suffer from bad slow downs due to lack of resources

2. 13,385
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Home Page:
      some games have slowdowns on every console you do know that, right?

i'm sure they are satisfied (they didnt say happy, you did) with how the 3ds is selling and that MOST people are enjoying theirs, i'd guess that they are also pretty satisfied that after a poor start due to being overpriced for a handheld its now annihilating its superior competition, in fact its doing just what every previous nintendo handheld has done in that respect.

3. 1,400
      IJTF_Cinder

IJTF_Cinder Loyal Member

Home Page:
      I'd hardly call the Vita "Superior", nor was the the PSP. The market dictates what is, and clearly Sony's target is off the mark still...most people don't want handhelds that cost that kind of money, for the system or accessories. I'd say that was obvious with the 3DS launch price too.

Their memory card prices are fucking hilarious, I'd bet that has to be the sticking point for them, proprietary bullshit like that doesn't fly these days when people know what an SD card can be had for.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2012
    4. 124
      detroit

detroit Loyal Member

Home Page:
      I am not buying the 3ds until a redesign

I want a second circle pad on the device and I will not buy a 3ds until there is one. If they never put a second circle pad on the device, then I will wait until the 3ds is replaced and then I will buy a used/cheap 3ds. I made the mistake of buying the first DS (phat) and they later revised it with the much nicer slim. I will not make that mistake with the 3ds. They always revise the hardware and make improvements and I will wait until that happens.

5. 6,199
      Retroboy

Home Page:
      yes i know games can suffer from slow downs, but lets remind these games (on consoles) are far bigger than the DS, and not within a first year of its launch.

nintendo allways sell loads of consoles, that fact doesnt mean the system is strugling already when playing games with nice graphics (considering 3ds textures are very small)

nintendo reduced the price because it wasnt selling as they expected, and wanted to get more units out before the vita came out.

i own both vita and a 3ds, and the one i now play most is the vita, the 3ds i stopped months ago because its lacking games already that i want to play (the rest admit it or dont are for children) wher as my vita, im on my 3rd play through on uncharted, 2n play on resistance, just got the gravity rush demo and seems pretty decent and assassins creed defo looks good, Metal Gear Solid defo getting this (looks far better than the poor 3ds version).

so im sorry if you cant accept or wants to hide the problems with the 3ds, but so far the vita has already got better games out/upcomming that i want.

6. 13,385
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Home Page:
      in terms of the technology in it the vita is superior, just like the gamegear, lynx and ngp or wonderswan, that makes no difference when it comes to sales and quality games though.

7. 437
      Cloudkill

Cloudkill Loyal Member

ITC techy
      Wow you find the most mundane things problems, for one you couldn't produce a reasonable pice of evidence that backs up the fact that the 3DS version of metal Gear is "poor" compared to the Vita version, and then anything you would produce would purely be an opinion that unfortunately for you means nothing in the real world for you are no one.

Your point about the games is also an opinion, more importantly only your opinion, again that means nothing.

And I think its fair to assume that you don't own a 3DS your just trolling in sheep's clothing again.

8. 1,400
      IJTF_Cinder

IJTF_Cinder Loyal Member

Home Page:
      Must not feed trollz...just lolz

9. 0
      LKJHGFDSA

LKJHGFDSA Guest

Eh, misleading title.
      They're thinking about it. Nintendo conjure up ideas and keep them for decades before making them real.
      Like they tried Mii's on the NES, tried 3D on the GBA.

and the quote, "What we're thinking about right now is probably going to be for a future generation of handheld."
      Could almost be seen as saying, the next new portable device will be next gen. So stop asking.

I'm embarrassed that someone would actually mention doing a 3DS revision to Mr. Miyamoto.
      The original 3DS hasn't had it's time to shine. They have only been a couple games on it worth playing, no killer apps just yet.

10. 6,199
      Retroboy

Home Page:
      ok lets see whats poor on the 3ds version.

textures shrunk and look poor in comparison to the vita version

slow downs unlike the vita version

disables 3d when entering first person (which really messes with your eyes going from 3d to no 3d back to 3d)

poor controlls (lack of 2nd circle pad, but hmmm nintendo never thought of adding this, they make you pay extra to play games as intended)

you obviosly love anything nintendo, if you cant see how much better the vita version is compared to the 3ds.

i also agree with billy, sales do not make a system superior, its specs that makes a system superior and the vita is a better system and has the power to do more than the 3ds.

the fact people dont like, is ive had my vita for a few months and already has better games that i want to play.
      how long has the 3ds been out, how many games do i own, hmmm not as many as the game i will have on the vita in a years time.

that goes to show nintendo still havent released these so called great games that they claimed to be holding back on, i was excited to play resident evil revelations to find it disapointing, slow downs, complete turd story but had nice graphics tho, zelda was a obvious game to buy but was disapointed on its remake textures (i have done better using emulators) metal gear which i am a fan of the series but the 3ds version i tried but simply did not like it, so i am waiting for the vita version.

so please dont get mad over the simple fact when i state the 3ds in comparison isnt getting the same quality of games, those that are on both systems, dont get angry for stating the visually simple fact the vita version is far better and hasnt got slow down issues.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2012
    11. 437
      Cloudkill

Cloudkill Loyal Member

ITC techy
      If you shrink textures you improve them by compressing the pixels, thus proving time and time agin you know nothing about what your talking about when it comes to technology or the history of video games your a wikki troll!
      I didn't notice any slow downs in the game so the imaginary 3DS you own maybe faulty and might need returning.

No you haven't done better on emulators, I have run N64 emulation of Zelda and can safely say that an entirely rebuilt/remade game is better any day as the emulators are hindered by poor support and plugins that are required depending on the hardware you own, that and emulators don't suddenly start putting in new textures and graphics, they can only clean up and shrink the pixilation not add anything new to the game.

Since all of a sudden I'm a Nintendo fanboy here is a bit of information for you, and this is fact an actual fact that you need to go home and cry about for a little while...

You sir are a Sony fanboy, who doesn't know he's a sony fanboy, and that makes you the worst kind of person!!