Motley Fool: 'Xbox One looks like a total failure'

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Feb 17, 2014.

By GaryOPA on Feb 17, 2014 at 6:50 PM
  1. 22,236
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Do you agree?

According to financial site The Motley Fool, Microsoft 'may have a problem on its hands'.

[​IMG]

According to this article by financial-service site The Motley Fool, Microsoft's Xbox One is a "total failure" for the company, mainly because Sony's PS4 is outselling it at a rate of 2-to-1 (at least in the US).

The site adds that, while it's still early in "the console war", investors in third party companies like EA "could ultimately be the ones most exposed".

Do you agree? Here's the article:

NEWS SOURCE: Microsoft Corporations Xbox One looks like a total (via) Fool

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Feb 17, 2014.

1. 73
      brickcitybg

brickcitybg Loyal Member

Any article from the Fool's website is complete trash. They're the most biased and inaccurate things you will ever read. While I agree with how much the Xbox One sucks, every article they write has a company name and the word "doomed" with it.

2. 1,155
      Kaos2K

Kaos2K Loyal Member

Molecular and biotechnology biologist, PhD student
      Home Page:
      The Xbox One sucks right now, but the PS4 is not far from it. Both sucks as next-gen consoles. However, this is only the beginning, exciting things are coming for both systems so...

3. 26,565
      Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

Absolutely right. Xbox one was stared with wrong "step", Kexample, no used game, always onlinee, kinect only on native console ect ect. Ok, after they had remedied, but in all people rest the doubt that all this can return.

4. 5,612
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      Since Xbox 360 did so well, they started with all this new crap on Xbone as it would sell itself.....WRONG!
      Nintendo released Wii U without marketing, but with similar name to sell it by name...WRONG.

Both MS and Nintendo fucked up because of their big success with Wii and 360.

Both didn't do anything to sell consoles.

In this business, success one time, doesent mean automatically success next time.

Samsung can do this.. Release S3, S4, S5 etc.. It will sell shitloads no matter.
      It obviously does NOT work for console sales.

Ichijoe, rednekcowboy and Artlover like this.
    5. 6,347
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

MS (and to a certain extent Nintendo) are in a similar position Sony was at the beginning of the last gen high on hubris, which means that it can also recover so long as MS do the right things here on out.

6. 618
      soulbwoy

soulbwoy Loyal Member

As a 360 fan I'm glad the xbox one is failing. I still haven't forgiven them for their original plans for the console. Screw the the fanboy sh*t, fanboys get raped by greedy companies.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014
      Artlover and billysastard like this.
    7. 1,237
      Misfit

Misfit Loyal Member

Well I managed to get a PS4 on Sunday and I've had the XB1 since the beginning. Basically, the PS4 is a much better deal imho. Graphics aren't everything but when the same game on both consoles is so different then logically you'd go for the better one. In other words my next XB1 game will have to be a better version of a cross platform, Titanfall is boring and Halo has never been ground breaking regadless of what the MS lovers think.