hit tracker

N2Elite USB R/W Reader Error: 'There is a problem with this device.'

Discussion in 'Official 'N^2 Elite' Support Forum' started by Gaia, Dec 25, 2017.

1. 1
    Gaia

Gaia Loyal Member

Hello, I have a problem with my USB Reader/Writer.
    For some reason, after I have downloaded and updated to the latest CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers, the reader/writer has become unable to read/write anything into the n2elite.

In the 2.0 Manager, it gives an error: 'There is a problem with this device.'
    While in the older Winx 1.1 Manager, it just does freezes after pressing 'Connect'.

Any way to fix this? I had tried to uninstall the driver, but it just automatically cancels after starting the uninstallation, so I am unable to revert back to the previous older versions.

2. 6
    Mick Grady

Mick Grady Loyal Member

Hello
    I am having the same problem with the newer version although I can get the old Winx 1.1 to work, the problem with that is that it does not show all the amiibo pictures. I am running Windows 7 64 bit and wondered if the newer version 2.0 doesn't work with Win 7.

v5tge likes this.
  3. 3
    TheSpazzyPirate

TheSpazzyPirate Loyal Member

4. 3
    Astroneer

Astroneer Loyal Member

In the same situation as Mick Grady where the old one works but isn't as nice to use due to lack of pictures and the new one just gives a problem with this device error.

v5tge likes this.
  5. 1
    D-vidLV

D-vidLV Loyal Member

Same here, v1 works fine but v2 gives out the error’ There is a problem with this device’.

Anyway around this?

v5tge likes this.
  6. 1
    v5tge

v5tge Loyal Member

same problem, 1.1 works, but 2.0.X not. I hope they do something to solve this

7. 2
    NaraShi_kamaru

NaraShi_kamaru Loyal Member

Just got the same error.

8. 2
    NaraShi_kamaru

NaraShi_kamaru Loyal Member

anyone have the v1 software to send me please?