hit tracker

Need Help! how to update GW 9.2.0 to 11.2

Discussion in 'Useful Tools & Tutorials' started by bapemilo, Nov 2, 2017.

1. 3
    bapemilo

bapemilo Loyal Member

I have been read many sites I couldn't find anywhere to tell how to update GW 9.2 to 11.2. Can anyone give me any hint how can I update my GW 9.2 to 11.2 please?

2. 233
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

you can download the 11.2 cia files (3dsnus or form some sites). Take care to have the right files (new or old 3ds and your right region).
    Make a backup of your emunand. boot into Emunand and install the cia, that you have put into the updates folder on the root of your 3ds sd-card with sysupdater.

3. 262
    realtimesave

realtimesave Loyal Member

That's exactly how I did it. Just make double sure that you get the right fw for the right console. If you use the O3DS fw on the N3DS, it will brick (been there, done that). I restored 9.0 using Godmode9 then got the correct fw for my N3DS and did what sweatbox said and it worked fine. Now I'm on 11.2 on Sys and Emunand.

4. 3
    bapemilo

bapemilo Loyal Member

thanks a lot sweatbox, i updated it with firmware cia files from 3ndus, but it bricked my 3ds. can you suggest a site I can download a trusted version of 11.2 cia files?

5. 233
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

Hi bapemilo,

3dnus gets the files from the nin server. But you can get a saved cia version from that 3ds iso side.
    what do you mean by brick? have you reinstalled the backup?

6. 3
    bapemilo

bapemilo Loyal Member

thanks again sweatbox, I managed to upgrade the emunand to 11.6 and keep sysnand 9.2 also gateway with 11.6 emunand works fine.