hit tracker

Need help with running DLCs

Discussion in 'Official 'Cobra ODE' Support Forum' started by Aerris, Jan 9, 2018.

1. 16
    Aerris

Aerris Loyal Member

Hello all!

Can anyone recommend me the current software required to install .pkg files (DLCs in this case) to my ps3? All the guides i find seem to be outdated (stickied one uses comgenie awesome file manager .iso, which i cant find anywhere) and there has probably been some software updates in last couple of years.

I had the exact same problem 2 years ago, and gave up in frustration - but not this time. So, what should I use? MultiMan? SonicMan? Where should I get them? Should I be using PSNDL or PSN Stuff?

2. 57
    waltinio

waltinio Loyal Member

Hi Aerris, I use comgenie awesome file manager to copy the dlc files to games folders. The process is simple. Unpack pkg file from dlc, the dlc need some file to be patched (sometimes a rap file, others, unlock file). The files need to be copied to game folder.
    This procees works for me. Need for speed most wanted, Burnout paradise, Gran Turismo, Assassin's Creed, and others

ADVICE: Some games doesn't work because some files need to be installed into folders that comgenie awesome file manager don't have access or permissions to copy.
    Here is the file CFM
    Regards

Aerris likes this.
  3. 16
    Aerris

Aerris Loyal Member

Waltinio, thank you very, very much! I'm going to try and run the process tonight, or tomorrow(Darksiders 2 and Enslave - odyssey to the west; i think neither of em needs to access hidden folders) and post the results.

waltinio likes this.
  4. 57
    waltinio

waltinio Loyal Member

Excelent, I hope it works for you and have success. Seee you

5. 16
    Aerris

Aerris Loyal Member

Cant boot Comgenie, I get 80010017 error :(

6. 16
    Aerris

Aerris Loyal Member

NVM, fixed that, but I still cant seem to get it to work :(

Installed Darksiders 2 DLC properly, the game data in XMB accurately shows ver 1.02 and a 1gb+ filesize, but I cant find dlc in the game - no waepon in my inbox nor dlc under the title menu. Havent tried Enslaved since i cant find dlc for it.

7. 346
    catalinnc

catalinnc Loyal Member

is your dlc fixed? also you need to use BLES dlc for BLES game (or BLUS dlc for BLUS game)...what is your game id? (BLESxxxxx/BLUSxxxxx)...
    _

Aerris likes this.
  8. 16
    Aerris

Aerris Loyal Member

There are three dlc files, one patch and one dlc fix - I just copied all of those to my game folder. My game is bles, patch is bles, rest are blus - I couldnt find blus game nor bles dlc/fix, but ti should be alright - just copied usrdir files, like the tutorial says.

9. 346
    catalinnc

catalinnc Loyal Member

probablly you did not do it in the proper order...

on pc extract bles patch then blus dlcs...move "USRDIR" from every blus dlc over "USRDIR" from patch...

last extact blus dlc fix and move "USRDIR" form blus fix over "USRDIR" from patch and overwrite...

finally copy the bles patch to your ps3 hdd...

do not forget to rebuild the database on your ps3 (google "rebuild the database on ps3")...
    _

p.s. if you respected that order then only rebuild the database on your ps3...
    _

Aerris likes this.
  10. 16
    Aerris

Aerris Loyal Member

Tyvm! gonna do so and post the results. =)

11. 16
    Aerris

Aerris Loyal Member

Followed your instructions to the letter, and, still no dlc =( Strangest thing being that in game data utility folder, the file is called "Darksiders II additional content" - properly showing size, patched game version, but still no dlc ingame :(

Literally did everything as it was said in the guide/by you :( Only thing not matching was the fact that darksiders game folders keeps getting called BLES1597/darksiders whenever i install it, instead just BLES01597 - but i still i do everything right, i think - i open the folder witch patch/dlc, and manually copy its contents (param.sfo, usrdir, etc.)

12. 346
    catalinnc

catalinnc Loyal Member

did you copy bles patch folder (with all dlcs and fixes) into "dev_hdd0/game/"? (it will look like: dev_hdd0/game/BLES1597)...
    _

p.s. best way to do is to go to game data utility and delete all darksiders 2 data 1st then copy the bles patch folder (with all dlcs and fixes) into "dev_hdd0/game/" (it will look like: dev_hdd0/game/BLES1597) then rebuild the database then start the game...
    _

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 4:34 PM
    Aerris likes this.
  13. 16
    Aerris

Aerris Loyal Member

Yup. But, As i told you, there was no "BLES1597" folder, just "BLES1597/DarksidersII" (or something similar) folder. As such, i opened both folders and copied every file one by one. Gonna try what you suggested now (deleting game data, then copying).

Tyvm for not giving up on me.