Buy Yours Today, from their Official Shop at NEOSD Store!
Alex from the amazing NEOSD Team has just sent over some information to Modrobert at EurAsia regarding their newly released NEOSD, which just happens to be the World's First FlashCart ever released for NEO-GEO MVS. It's finally about time for Retro Gamers!
It's long over due, but now we no longer have to wait, as NEOSD is finally here, and us Retro Game Lovers can now get some much needed action out of our NEO-GEO MVS systems, as finding original cartridges is so hard and costly these days, and even tho the NEOSD is itself an costly device, its well worth the price because Razoola, the UniBIOS legend of fame, has written an extensive review over at neo-geo.com which @modrobert recommends reading, and afterwards you will most likely agree with me its worth it to invest in one today, as it looks like the NEOSD team has designed a really compatible product, so check out an partial quote from Razoola's review, and below that you will find a complete list of all its official features.
So what do you think about this new 'Flash Cart', finally getting released for our retro Arcade cabs and home consoles, its about time right?
- Compatible with all commercial games and homebrew
- 768 Mbits of flash memory, enough to hold the largest officially released games, plus some extra space for system software.
- ARM Cortex M4 at 168MHz, 1MB flash, 128KB RAM. For SD access, Flash programming, cartridge control and original cartridge protections emulation.
- 2x Lattice XP2 FPGA. Flash based, instant-on, low power, high density FPGAs. For bus decoding and multiplexing, flash access, bankswitching, programming help.
- Supports micro SD & SDHC cards up to 32GB. FAT32 with long file names.
- User friendly game selection menu with game screenshots.
- Instant boot to the last flashed game. It appears as an original cartridge to the board, and can use the bios softdips configuration as with the original cart.
- Runs original games unpatched, emulating the original cartridge protections in hardware.
- Ability to boot to the game flash menu from in-game (configurable trigger combination)
- Can be used for game development. Allows the homebrew games to access expanded hardware features (S rom banking, increased bank area space).
- Updateable system software and firmware for future additions and features.
- Switch cartridge region without needing special bios.
- MVS board AES emulation without needing special bios.
OFFICIAL SITE: NEOSDStore <-- BUY NOW!
NEWS SOURCE: NEOSD - The first Neo Geo flashcart released (via) EurAsia