New OnLive app will let you stream Windows on your iPad

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming World' started by GaryOPA, Jan 11, 2012.

By GaryOPA on Jan 11, 2012 at 1:36 PM
  1. 21,843
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    You will be able to access Windows and Office on your mobile devices.

[​IMG]

Called OnLive Desktop, this is an upcoming app that will let you use Windows and Office on practically any device, because there will be Android and Mac versions coming soon too!

Cloud-gaming service OnLive will launch soon a new and interesting application, that will let you stream a cloud-based Windows version and the Office suite (Word, Excel and Power Point) on any iPad device.

Called OnLive Desktop, the app will be available this week in North America, first for iPad users. But Android, PC, Mac and monitors/TV (via the OnLive microconsole) versions are coming soon too.

They are also planning to launch a cloud-based web browser, with full flash support.

A Standard service, with 2 GB of storage space on the cloud, will be availabe for free, while a "Pro" version with 50 GB of storage will be available for $9.99/month. Enterprise and collaborative services are planned.

OFFICIAL SITE: http://desktop.onlive.com

NEWS SOURCE: OnLive Desktop iPad Does Windows (via) OnLive Blog

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for another good news story!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming World' started by GaryOPA, Jan 11, 2012.

1. 13,362
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Home Page:
      this sort of makes onlive more interesting

2. 11
      Bobbydigital

Bobbydigital New Member Loyal Member

This is nothing new, there's an app called Splashtop remote desktop that's been out for awhile now that does the same thing. It streams video smooth and also has sound.

3. 26,553
      Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

This work on Sony xperia yet.

4. 764
      dwrecording

dwrecording Member Loyal Member

When will they give up? I said 2 years ago this will fail and it has. I have it at home and it always lags and plays like crap. I try it out every few moths and it had never work right. (The game part of the system)

5. 1,629
      GaussTek

GaussTek New Member Loyal Member

Well, I don't live in USA, however I've tried a few free games and demos and it works pretty well for me on a 5Mbit connection.

I mean, it surely lags and the stream quality drops sometimes, but games are completely playable.

If this work so well right now (at least for me, and I'm far from their servers), I can't wait what they'll manage to do a couple years in future.