New video gives a detailed overview of the Nintendo Switch hardware

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Feb 9, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 9, 2017 at 1:06 PM
  1. 23,144
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Late on Tuesday night, Nintendo shared a video detailing the hardware of its upcoming Switch console.

We already know the specs of the machine, but this is the first video Nintendo has released that takes a comprehensive look at the console and its controllers.
    [​IMG]
    With less than a month to go before the Nintendo Switch hits the retail stores, and pre-orders are very brisk, still big 'N' wants to make sure everyone out there understands how 'different' their Switch is and all the 'cool' new features that are packed into the tiny box, and to make sure gamers understand fully that is both a 'console' and 'handheld' and also a 'multiplayer' system, so hence this video.
    You can learn more about the Switch and the Joy-Con controllers in the video below:

NEWS SOURCE: New video gives a detailed overview of the Nintendo Switch hardware (via) BGR

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Feb 9, 2017.

1. 878
      wrathchild

wrathchild Loyal Member

It's a tablet!!!! Stop calling it a console because it's not.

2. 943
      WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

I'd like my 3 mins 34 seconds back please.

3. 23,144
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      I like my $299 back please.

Now that Sony dropped the PS4 Slim down to $249 with it bundled in with one big exclusive game.

Whom spend $299 for a tablet with 3 hours of battery life, with no game included is silly! :)

There is rumors pre-orders are already being cancelled, Nintendo might be forced to do major price-cut like they had to with first year of 3DS launch, after it didn't sell like they hoped it would, but knowing them, they will not, since they STILL have NOT cut the Wii U price and its already a DEAD console with NO more games scheduled to come for it! :)

WoIverine likes this.
    4. 156
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

its nothing cool, its nothing new, its a tablet with detachable controllers...... erm thats already been done by others.

its going to be another console that will get last gen ports and the wiitards be like WOW the graphics are superior (if it can run them), while this 2nd next gen machine during the same generation fails to compete hardware/spec.

im sure nintendo just sat there and thought how can we save money..... ok lets not have 2 markets, home entertainment and portable.

lets save money and merge the market into one, thinking because nintendo are like the only portable console on the market, it should print money.... but what nintendo fail is that they are that far behind, kids these days are playing tablets and mobiles that offer free games.

theyre thinking if merging the two, should make sales look better, but i cant see it myself, its going to be another console how nintendo will brag how innovative playing the same old nintendo crap titles like mario is now only fun using the switch.

i think the launch line up is pretty poor, but so was the ps4/xbx1.... but i felt safe buying the PS4/XBX1 knowing that it always provides the great third party support.... nintendo what do you do.... port Zelda with no improvements at all other than changing the engine slightly so the colours look different..... pathetic.

5. 943
      WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

I wonder how much their new CEO is stressing. He basically inherited a Titanic.

6. 254
      happydance

happydance Loyal Member

Nothing new on the video detailing what everybody has known.

Here I was thinking Nintendo has learned from the confusion they caused between the wii and wii-u and now confusing parents about this console/portable hybrid thingy. We all know it's just a phablet with hdmi out and detachable physical controllers.

I can also imagine a kid pointing a switch on a shelf, telling his mother to buy one and his mother will only tell him he already has one at home, looks like a wii-u controller for not attentive parents.