Nintendo has a patent for a 3D/HD Wii U controller

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Feb 16, 2012.

By GaryOPA on Feb 16, 2012 at 6:15 PM
  1. 22,054
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Could they apply it in future revisions?

[​IMG]

First spotted by Kotaku, a Nintendo Wii U patent reveals they planned a 3D high-def tablet for their upcoming console.

According to a Wii U patent recently spotted by Kotaku, Nintendo considered a 3D Screen, like the 3DS one.

The patent was filled during September last year, just after they first revealed the Wii U at E3 2011. Also, seems they considered a full HD display.

Yes, that doesn't mean they have plans for an version of the tablet controller, but they could do it in the future.

Could this revised version of the controller be shown at this year E3? Most likely the idea was scrapped, but anything can happen, as the patent is still there.

NEWS SOURCE #1: Nintendo flirted with 3D HD displays for Wii-U controller (via) Kotaku
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Nintendo Wii-U patent covers 3D high-def tablet (via) GameSpot

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for keeping us Maxconsole informed of the very latest news!

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Feb 16, 2012.

1. 1,184
      Cantenna

Cantenna Loyal Member

thank you! Will buy!!!!

2. 13,390
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Home Page:
      it wont be glasses free 3d EVER and its not likely to be hd either.

3d + touchscreen = utter failure, the screen degrades and it makes the 3d really bad (thats why the 3s has no 3d on the bottom screen).

there is no point whatsoever in having hd on a screen that size, its the same reason that the vita doesnt have an hd screen, pointless cost for almost zero benefit (although sony do keep claiming that the vita screen is hd which of course is factually inaccurate).

3. 6,199
      Retroboy

Retroboy Banned MaxConsole Troll BANNED FOREVER

I sell online ads for a living, but love to compla
      Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
      Home Page:
      again you make things up in your head, if you care again to find where sony have actually said the vita screen is HD.

i assume your small mind is getting confused with devs releasing 360/ps3 hd remakes on the vita, which thanks to its oled smaller screen, the same visual/texture quality can be achieved thus making it look hd.

but please do, find sony reps saying the vita is a hd screen, im still waiting on your other BS comment which you assumed and failed epically when sony/ms said the consoles will support hd resolutions, your fanboy head heard them saying everything will be in full hd.

4. 13,390
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Home Page:
      cant find an exact printed quote but they have mentioned the vitas amazing high defenition screen before, oh and before you say i make stuff up you should try reading sonys decimation of reality that they put out the other week under the guise of paid advertising as a supposed forum news post.... i'll quote it here in its entirety since gary never bothered posting it as news, but i'm sure that even you will agree that such rewriting of historical fact would have made joseph goebbels proud.

just think of it as one of those spot the difference puzzles except this time its reality vs sony's version.

5. 6,199
      Retroboy

Retroboy Banned MaxConsole Troll BANNED FOREVER

I sell online ads for a living, but love to compla
      Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
      Home Page:
      lol you wont find a quote, because its in your head, sony have not stated that the vita screen is actually a HD screen, theres a difference in it actually been a HD screen than it looking HD quality you frickin tool.

you wont get this, same as when you failed when ms/sony said hd support, dumbass here jumps to conclusion everything is full hd, just like the vita screen, you assume yet have nothing to prove your comment.

i didnt bother reading your qoute, wtf it had to do with your miss interpretation of the vita screen beats me.

all i can say after reading, is that sony consoles actually move forward, unlike nintendo that is allways behind, the GC lacked online game play, MS did a better job (at a cost) sony with the ps3 imporved that (at no cost) yet nintendo still soley focus on fad controllers to make its system/games some what aparently better, when in fact its masking the fact its old out dated (still behind) games, then thanks to the fad controllers, devs will simply release teh same crap kind of games, which has 2 consoles in a row been proven, which leaves MS and Sony open to devs releasing games that sell millions within a few days.

that is the system i back, when its games sell loads, because it means the game is great, i dont care when nintendo brag how many units they sell boasting because theyve made it cheap and each unit sold is profit to them, but you never see nintendo consoles have big selling titles, nintendo in fact doesnt even get put in the same legue as MS/sony, and people admit the fact its a poor system so heck lets try give it a genorous score (which you dont see many of)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2012