Nintendo hates money, discontinues the NES Classic

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Apr 14, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Apr 14, 2017 at 9:48 PM
  1. 24,169
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Ignoring continued demand, Nintendo will stop producing the system this month.

Nintendo has announced that it will cease production of the 30-game NES Classic Edition plug-and-play system by the end of the month, even though retailers have been unable to keep the system on store shelves for pretty much the entirety of its six-month run on the market so far.
    [​IMG]
    Since this news hit the wire last night, prices on eBay for the NES Classic has already tripled, and as supply gets less then it was already 'rare item' even when it was shipping, means this tiny baby has entered the history books as one of the most prized retro consoles.
    So where you lucky enough to be one of millions to grab one during the 6 months, and if not will you be willing to buy one now at the over $300 pricetag?

NEWS SOURCE: Nintendo hates money, discontinues the NES Classic (via) ArsTechnica

Comments

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Apr 14, 2017.

1. 14
      Soluble

Soluble Loyal Member

If they shipments are anything like we had in Australia, there will be an absolute boatload around. Every retailer had them within days of each other and they were readily available for nearly a full week.

I'm on my 3rd, I used them to get myself one for free and make some money to put towards the switch :D