hit tracker

Nintendo is reportedly delaying 64GB game cartridges until 2019

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Dec 27, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Dec 27, 2017 at 1:27 PM
  1. 24,595
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Bigger game cartridges cost more, but would alleviate the need for an extra microSD card and internet downloads
    [​IMG]

If you been buying your Switch games in physical form, you are most likely upset by now, that alot of games require an MicroSD and nice big download as most developers are using the 8gb or 16gb cartridges and alot of Switch games are over 24gb now, and two reasons for that is 32gb cartridges are more costly for the developers, and also big 'N' is delaying the 64gb ones until year 2019.
    So there you have it, you will have to wait until Year 2019 before Switch games you buy physically will not need an 'download' to run!

NEWS SOURCE: Nintendo is reportedly delaying 64GB game cartridges until 2019 (via) TheVerge

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Dec 27, 2017.

1. 317
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

again something nintendo didnt care to think about when it releases a console, its like going back to the n64 days and expensive media format.

if devs havent abandoned it by then, it will end up with basic shovelware apps that are small.

youd even think if this is how devs are heading then nintendo could have at least provided more than a measly 32gb internal storage..... but we all know how nintendo rather pass the expenses on to the customer.

2. 6,575
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

The thing I find just as annoying is that it only has 1 micro sd slot.

I understand not going with an ODD or HDD, but I can see the 1 slot simply not being enough or too relatively expensive.

I wouldn't be surprised if some third party releases a HDD adapter.

Shipping barely enough storage isn't new though, they've all been guilty of it to some extent, MS even had to give out heavily discounted 20GB HDDs or free MCs because the Xbox 360 NXE update was too big otherwise.

3. 893
      wrathchild

wrathchild Loyal Member

yet one more reason why I'm glad I didn't buy that piece of crap. What's the point of cartridges if you still need memory cards and large downloads? Stupid.......simply stupid.