Nintendo puts a stop to demo availability on WiiWare

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by Zeus, Feb 13, 2010.

By Zeus on Feb 13, 2010 at 9:12 AM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus Staff Member MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    Nintendo has confirmed it has stopped its trial of offering Wii demos via WiiWare. Asked whether it will make a return, Nintendo commented that they are looking at the results and will be deciding their next steps.

<blockquote>In November last year Nintendo was testing out demos in the shop channels. Allowing people to get a taste of such titles like World of Goo, Pokemon Rumble and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord for free.

These demos have now been stopped and Nintendo has confirmed that the demo, demo has ended. When asked if WiiWare demos would make a return Nintendo said; "We're looking at our results and deciding our next steps."</blockquote>

News Source: <A href="http://meodia.com/news/644/wii-ware-demo-trial-ends/" target="_Blank">Meodia</a>

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by Zeus, Feb 13, 2010.

1. 6,312
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

Oh well.....lets just pirate the games instead to try them out.

2. 947
      Signa

Signa Loyal Member

Lol so true. I bet they saw a decline in sales when the demos for those games were released.

3. 6,014
      grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
      Sadly the only ones I have actually purchased are two of the demos, thats the one thing I have liked about live over any of the others, at least 99% of the time I can test them out first.

4. 85
      dragonjud

dragonjud Loyal Member

There's so much shovelware in their store front that they realized once people tried them, they would never buy it. I know I've made at least one purchase where I definitely wanted my money back.

I've cut back my purchases to 'must haves' and things that have gotten very high review scores from all media.

5. 2,358
      QrafTee

QrafTee Loyal Member

The problem is that so many Wii gamers who know how to download demos probably have their Wiis softmodded and don't want to get on WiiWare anyway.