Nintendo Says No to Skyward Sword Southpaw Mode

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Oct 18, 2011.

By GaryOPA on Oct 18, 2011 at 8:20 PM
  1. 21,854
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Those that are left-handed and love to fight with swords in their southpaw, will be out of luck

[​IMG]

Nintendo will NOT be offering a sword in your left hand like possible with the previous Zelda game, Twlight Princess, in Skyward Sword you will be stuck battleing the monsters with your right arm!

Lefty's are left in the cold this time around with the latest adventure in Zelda land, those picking-up a copy of Skyward Sword on Nov. 20th, better learn fast on how to battle the monsters with the Wii remote in their right-hand!

Personally, I was born a "lefty", I still sign my name using a pen in my left-hand, but since the dawn of the computer era, the web, , the iPhone, the mouse, even using a soldering iron, I been so custom to using my right-hand it just feels like it should be so, but I can see why some Zelda fans would be upset, as good old Link been allowed to be a lefty in previous games.

NEWS SOURCE: The New Zelda Won’t Have A Lefty Mode After All (via) Kotaku

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Oct 18, 2011.

1. 3
      DiamondKing1976

DiamondKing1976 New Member Loyal Member

As a left handed person, I am going to say this is bullshit!

Game manufacturers need to recognize that there are left handed people in this world. Conservative estimates are 10% of people are left handed, however I would guess it to be higher in my experiences.

I have done coding, albeit not game coding, but I don't think it would be that difficult to swap some button mappings for us.

If you are a lefty and tried to play Gunstringer for the 360, almost impossible.

2. 28
      MaxLouarn

MaxLouarn Administrator Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

I am left handed too, and this is very strange indeed that Nintendo doesn't bother with left-handed people, considering the volume involved there. There is very very few devices now that I can't find for me, and when it happens, it is because it is some hand made stuff, with production of 20 pieces or so. 10% of world population will not appreciate it.

In fact, what is funny is that since the beginning of videogaming, I had the feeling games were made for left-handed people, as all arcade games, and even in controller or on modern planes (with joysticks) the stick is to the left, and buttons on the right, which is the way left handed natural way to play.