hit tracker

Nintendo sold more copies of Zelda for Switch than actual Switch consoles

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Apr 15, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Apr 15, 2017 at 11:23 PM
  1. 24,381
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Wait, How Did 'Zelda: Breath of the Wild' For Switch Outsell The Switch Itself?

It’s no surprise that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the best-selling game on the Nintendo Switch, a console that just had its strongest US opening ever for the company.
    But managing to sell more copies than consoles that can actually play it?

[​IMG]
    Earlier this weekend, we reported on the fact that 'Switch Becomes The Fastest-Selling Gaming System In Nintendo History', but when you dive into the numbers that were reported you will quickly notice that the attach rate for Zelda on the Switch is 102%, because more copies were infact sold of Zelda than the Switch console itself! :)
    So what do you think the reasons Zelda outsold the console, was it because of 'collectors' buying an 'extra copy' to put on their display shelves and not to play it, or is it people wanting to play Zelda but still trying to locate an Switch console to purchase in the stores! :)

NEWS SOURCE #1: Nintendo sold more copies of Zelda for Switch than actual Switch consoles (via) TheVerge
    NEWS SOURCE #2: How Did 'Zelda: Breath of the Wild' For Switch Outsell The Switch Itself? (via) Forbes

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Apr 15, 2017.

1. 7
      Netsam2k

Netsam2k Loyal Member

i know am one of those "hard core fans" i bought the collectors edition and the masters edition of zelda for the switch

2. 982
      WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

Wow, who cares about the switch, anybody got the name of the girl in that pic?

3. 24,381
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
    4. 4
      randomhousegir

randomhousegir Loyal Member

I would say supply of the console is a factor, fans who bought multiple copies (as demonstrated by a poster here I am EXTREMELY JEALOUS OF [pls sell me your master edition....you didnt really want it ;)]), and I bet they are counting the wiiu edition too.... juts my input :)

5. 642
      soulbwoy

soulbwoy Loyal Member

I still think re-sellers who anticipate reselling the switch and botw easily are responsible for the high sales numbers.