Nintendo Switch Joy-Con HID Reverse Engineering

Discussion in 'Underground Nintendo Scene' started by GaryOPA, Apr 12, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Apr 12, 2017 at 9:21 PM
  1. 23,866
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Second Major Developer To Take A Look At How The Joy-Con Works On The Nintendo Switch Hybrid!

Unlike the first developer whom was studying the system solely on the Switch side of things, this one has decided to look at how it behaves on the Desktop PC side of things and too look at more then just the Bluetooth, but also the direct USB connection it has!
    [​IMG]
    Nintendo Switch has one very unique and neat feature, the two LEFT and RIGHT Joy-Con's that can detach from the 'screen part' and become either two player handheld setup, or join together to form basically a normal 'Pro' looking controller, as such it has become a great focus point for developers and hackers to figure out how they work, and what else they can be used and modded to do extra!
    For more info, check out the developer's official GITHub project page and his support thread, and help join in the fun of Joy-Cons:

OFFICIAL SITE: --> https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/HID-Joy-Con-Whispering

NEWS SOURCE: Joy-Con HID Reverse Engineering (via) GBATemp

Comments

Discussion in 'Underground Nintendo Scene' started by GaryOPA, Apr 12, 2017.

1. 222
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

i hate them, mine keep lossing connection if i try use them as a controller, the right one is shit because of its layout.

when connected to the screen the left one is really loose and feels like its going to snap off.

2. 6,516
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

Might be worth contacting Nintendo, they may replace them.

That said, if you see one cheap I also recommend the pro controller.