Nintendo to release mini-size Switch in 2019, Citigroup predicts

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Apr 16, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Apr 16, 2017 at 11:42 AM
  1. 23,999
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Once the N3DS is gone, analysts are predicting a Dedicated Dock-Less Handheld-Only Switch Mini will be coming out!

Expect more variations of the Switch as Nintendo Corporation continues to refine its home and portable business strategy.
    [​IMG]
    The Nintendo Switch hybrid is only just over a month old and is selling well, but already analysts are predicting what the next generation of Switch will be like, with them thinking that once Nintendo drops the 3DS from their gaming line-up, a smaller, more kid-friendly, handheld-only version of the Switch will be released in March 2019, just 2 years after our current Dockable Switch was launched.
    So what do you think, is Nintendo going to drop the dock and reduce the size and make a Switch Mini for us to buy in just 23 months?

NEWS SOURCE: Nintendo to release mini-size Switch in 2019, Citigroup predicts (via) TheStar

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Apr 16, 2017.

1. 6,518
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

I wonder if thats really possible given the soc, heat, etc.

I was expecting a larger switch if anything.

2. 23,999
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      I rather see a DOCK Only Switch with two pro controllers, no joycons, no screen, no battery, and more horsepower, like a PRO version of PS4, allowing older games to be upgraded and newer ones supporting both, just better graphics. 4K Switch Pro ! :)

But this is Nintendo we are talking about so its not going to happen! :)

Instead we going to get many different 'color schemes', already they launching the Yellow JoyCon Version of Switch in June for the Arms game release, and that also will need some extra AA batterys clipped onto each JoyCon, as Arms eats up lots of juice due to its non-stop HD rumble!

3. 6,518
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

The funny thing is that we already have a dockless Switch....it's called the Nvidia Shield.

All Nintendo would really have to do is flash the correct firmware and add a connector for the cartridge slot.

4. 23,999
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      It would need a RAM upgrade, the Shield has less RAM, infact Switch was to have the same, but Capcom pushed Nintendo to double the RAM on the Switch.

5. 6,518
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

True, but overall I'd be surprised if it didn't require many modifications considering the shared core.

6. 228
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

i just wish nintendo would stop calling this a hybrid console, its not, its a home console its a cheap tablet with a shitty plastic cast that outputs it to your tv..... and struggles with issues at that.

innovation would have it cast to your tv.

i would see no sense in a smaller version, bad enough how they claim it can let you play multiplayer off that tiny screen which is impossible as it is, never mind on a smaller screen.

7. 969
      WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

I'll check it out eventually, when / if there's more than Zelda and Mario. Pro controller seems like a must have.