OLD 3DSXL Hardware Defect = move to another OLD 3DS

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by Blitze, Mar 19, 2017.

1. 7
    Blitze

Blitze Loyal Member

My OLD 3DS XL with (10 Games.cia + 4 Games .3ds ) stopped working (hardware damaged).

Got myself another unmodified OLD 3DS XL the question is how do i
    prevent myself from an midlife crisis and get my save files working?
    I still haven't hacked my new OLD 3DS XL Unit.

All i have is my Gateway card and modified SD CardD

Firmware:
    Hardware Defect 3DS: Sysnand 9.0.0-20 / Emunand(GATEWAY): 11.1.0-34
    Replaced Unmodified 3DS: 9.6.0-24

2. 1,975
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

What exactly is wrong with your gateway xl, you say damaged hardware but it could be super simple to fix with the 3ds you just got.

Anyway the save files should be easy if you have big blue menu or fbi. Let me do a bit of reading to make sure I remember how to do this right. And i will reply again within the next couple of days unless someone beats me to it.

I know for a fact though that you are gonna have to downgrade the xl you just got.

Edit: Unless thats what the new gateway firmware being released next month is for.

3. 7
    Blitze

Blitze Loyal Member

I was playing like any other day after 2 hours the top screen went black all i had left was the bottom screen
    so i said to myself: "okay fuck dont freak out just shutdown the console and restart"

Top screen was dead nothing helped i restarted the console for like 10 times same error and than it didnt even respond anymore
    all i get now is this (popping shutoff sound) PLEASE SKIP 0:22 link doesn't work

4. 1,975
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Yea thats generally a loose or broken speaker or camera ribbon. It might be the same ribbon I cant remember. You would have to find a guide on taking apart the lcd. I dont know how to do that one. Still have to look for that other guide for you.

5. 7
    Blitze

Blitze Loyal Member

Found the guide about switching the lcd and that's too risky for me at the moment I rather take the other way you provide for me. I managed to downgrade my other ds to firmware 2. 1.0 with 3ds.guide next step I think would be how I manage to carry over my emunand / save files over to my other 3ds I'll just wait

6. 1,975
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Make a back up of your old sd card with emunand tool(i think thats the name). I havent been able to look yet. Ive been busy im sorry.

You wouldnt need to switch the lcd. Just replace the cable for the camera/speaker. It comes from the being opened and closed so many times.

7. 1,975
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

8. 7
    Blitze

Blitze Loyal Member

I did that already i have emunand but it wont work without xorpad ? I will replace the cable of the camera and speaker ty for helping me out bless you