Open source ps jailbreak hardware design

Discussion in 'PS3 Game Ripping, Custom Mods' started by ps2chiper, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 62
    ps2chiper

ps2chiper Loyal Member

This is ps2chiper and atommann from the shenzhen linux user group. We saw the news for psgrove and I convinced atommann to use his avr skills to design open hardware for psgroove to stop pirates from profiting. Our goal is to sell the open hardware at cost to anybody who wants it. attached to this thread is a alpha design created on geda. We will let you guys know when the final design is done and the price seems to be around 3 dollars each. Rename to tar.gz after you download it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2010
  2. 22
    gadget78

gadget78 Loyal Member

is there any way that it could be programmed for a PIC chip ? like 18fxxxx family ?
    like a 18F2455

cheers for advice Mick ..

3. 62
    ps2chiper

ps2chiper Loyal Member

no, it would only work on avr's that can emulate a usb port.

4. 934
    DSpider

DSpider Loyal Member

7-zip can open it just fine (once extracted from the zip) but what exactly do we do with this ? All I see relevant is the "schematic.gif" file:

[​IMG]

What is all this other stuff ?

teensy.sch.save ?
    Beeper_V-1.sym ?
    switch-pushbutton-no-1-4p.sym ?

Quote from ps3news:

5. 12
    GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen Loyal Member

the pic 18f2550 and 18f4550 do have USB cabability, so i think its likely to work

6. 62
    ps2chiper

ps2chiper Loyal Member

We found a better design for our hardware
    http://fletchtronics.net/bumble-b
    We will use this design and add two led's then everyone is all set for a 5 dollar solution.

7. 62
    ps2chiper

ps2chiper Loyal Member

Here is the gerber files and original diptrace. I will try to get these built this week and make them about 7 usd shipped world wide.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2010
  8. 22
    gadget78

gadget78 Loyal Member

would this be the same for AT90USB646 ?

9. 62
    ps2chiper

ps2chiper Loyal Member

I didn't check into that. You can check the datasheet and see if they are pin to pin compatible.

10. 62
    ps2chiper

ps2chiper Loyal Member

Here is a photo of what the pcb will look like
    [​IMG]

11. 3,798
    iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
    looks good. was going to buy some etching supplies but might not have to anymore :eek:

12. 0
    keglevich

keglevich Guest

How to flash that board? Which .HEX files to use? Which bootloader? Which programmer?

Hello,

I've spotted your news and your diagram for building a board, based on AT90USB126 microcontroller. I have all parts available and I will try to build one myself, however, I have some questions:

1.) When I put that board together, how is it possible to flash it? As I've read AT90USB126 doesn't have internal USB programmer so it is not possible to flash it via USB, but only via JTAG. So, which is the correct procedure to flash those AT90USB126 chips? Do I have to flash it before I solder it to board (which software and which programmer to use if needed?) or is it possible to flash it after, when everything is soldered? Which software, which HEX file, which settings?

2.) Teensy boards have some kind of built-in bootloader. Is it needed also for that board to flash some kind of bootloader to that AT90USB126 microcontroller?

To conclude, I would kindly like to ask your for some kind of complete tutorial/walkthrough how to build that board, how to flash it and how to reprogram it if needed.

Thank you in advance for all your answers!

13. 62
    ps2chiper

ps2chiper Loyal Member

Well firstly I only use ubuntu, so don't bother asking for windows instructions. from that point I will refer you to the ubuntu instructions from psgroove site.

http://ps3wiki.lan.st/index.php/PSGroove

14. 3
    DrOetker

DrOetker Loyal Member

@ keglevich You can make a board first and then normally flash it via usb. Atmel chips come with a preloaded bootloader, which allows programming via some apps eg. Atmel's FLIP or dfu-programmer: - compile the app - plug the device, push reset and hwb (enable bootloader) - flash the device

@ ps2chiper Sorry if it's a silly question, but wouldn't it be better if diodes would be soldered via R to GND not to VCC, so that they will be active on logic '1' on output? The board design would also be simplier. ;)

15. 62
    ps2chiper

ps2chiper Loyal Member

Here is the updated files to include a reset switch. We can define the led's in the led.h file and I will fiddle with them when the samples are ready.

16. 4
    pablojoshua

pablojoshua Loyal Member

erase reset switch brake brick

Does the reset switch do a full erase on the chip?

Could it harm the PS3 in any way when pressed when the exploit is in progress, or just plugged in after use?

thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2010
  17. 2
    BLKro

BLKro Loyal Member

Will this be available as a DIY kit (parts and board, for soldering at home) too? Or just the finished product? Will it have a plastic case? Could you please let me know when you are finished with the design, I would like to order some samples (do you have a mailing list or smth?). Thanks in advance, Alex.

18. 3
    DrOetker

DrOetker Loyal Member

@ps2chiper

- As for RST button, maybe use simple RC combination without diodes ?
    View attachment 28765

- Maybe add 1k pullup resistor to HWB (13) pin before connecting to VCC?
    (after flashing, before we need to have it connected to gnd to enable bootloader)

- On the attached board image it seems like UGND (28) is not connected to the rest of the ground, imho needs more space between R2 and C2. On the schematic (@pdf) is ok.

- It's a good practice to have a separate cap for each VCC input lines: on attached board image the UVCC(32) and AVCC(31) lines are connected together and having two caps connected in parallel which imho has no big point. Maybe use separate caps connected on those lines?

You know, the board must be cheap and as good as can be ;d

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2010
  19. 138
    idog

idog Loyal Member

very interested

When you have samples or diykits for sale, please let me know. Very interested in buying larger quantities.

20. 544
    ModderFokker

ModderFokker Loyal Member

Lol the WHOLE point for these things was to avoid resellers (who make a shitload of money)on this exploit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.