hit tracker

PlayStation 5 Leak: 'Project Epsilon' Preliminary Overview

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by MeSonySpy, Apr 11, 2018.

By MeSonySpy on Apr 11, 2018 at 12:59 AM
  1. 75
    MeSonySpy

MeSonySpy Clean-Up Crew

Special Encrypter
    Home Page:
    Confidential Sony PDF Document Leaks In Regard to Their New Upcoming PlayStation 5 Console!
    [​IMG]

Recently, SemiAccurate released the PS5 Specs, but they did so behind an $1,000 dollar paywall, since then the PS5 rumors have been flying along like wildfire on the 'net, about a power-house console that uses the new AMD 'Zen' CPU, and will be focused on VR and 4K. And now a PDF document based on the previous PS4 'Neo' Leak which turned out to be 'real', has been leaked but some info in it seems to be 'clearly fake', check it out:
    DaeFUiEVwAAEq8T.jpg large.jpg
    First big fake 'giveaway' seems to be the 'April 1st, 2018' date above, so was this a late lame 'April Fool's Day Joke', or is it more real, see what PSU below has to say about it, whom got the Project Epsilon Preliminary Overview PDF document leaked to them today! :)
    So what do you think about this latest rumor? -- Real? - Possible? - Fake?

NEWS SOURCE: PS5 Leak Looks Totally Fake, But You Be the Judge (via) PSU

rgh2 likes this.

BittBoy

Comments

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by MeSonySpy, Apr 11, 2018.

1. 12
      Jimyb3

Jimyb3 Loyal Member

Fake. 2019 we will have the first real leak information and ps5 will come 2020. PS4 PRO is just one and half year old.

2. 24,629
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      PS5 yes most likely 2020, but I think we will see a PS4_PRO_VR edition this year, with an announcement at E3, basically a little better PS4 PRO with enhancements for 4k and built-in VR hardware with the new 'no lightbulb' better motion tracking, which is rumored to be using nvidia gpu addon to make it all occur, but the rest will still be PS4_PRO hardware, not really any changes there except for bit more 4k pipeline improvements.

I know for a fact similar info to what I just stated above and i mentioned it briefly in the previous ps4/ps5 upgrade rumors, there is devkits with this 'vr hardware' in the hands of sony studios like for last of us, naughtydog, etc.

But you most likely right, any real PS5 machine with all these 'Zen' upgrades to CPU, and more RAM, etc will most likely still be a year or two away.

Jimyb3 likes this.
    3. 65
      Agret

Agret Loyal Member

Student
      Home Page:
      • Storage – 1TB SSD
      This alone proves that it's a fake. Why would they switch to expensive SSD storage? Games don't require this at all.

4. 24,629
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Most likely the document maker, grabbed onto this news story:

dims.jpg
      But $450 just for storage, means we have the era of $1,000 PS5, well why not, smartphones cost that now! :)

Source: https://www.engadget.com/2018/04/05/western-digital-unveils-4k-nvme-gaming-ssd/

5. 6,604
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

I find it kind of annoying that they make it obviously fake.

This could have very easily been done in a way which made it look more realistic e.g. 16GB RAM, 1/2TB HDD, etc.

6. 24,629
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Yeah, most likely the document was make by upset fanboy that mad that Xbox One X is taking the 'title' for World's Most Powerful console.

But truth be told, 'power' does not sell a system, look at the sales both PS4 and very-low-power Switch are still selling much better than Xbox.

But I am worried if Sony goes too much down the VR route they will kill off their brand and sales, gimmicks only work for Nintendo! :) And third-party companies don't invest in 'gimmick' support, and Sony needs third-party they don't have ton of first-party brands like Nintendo.

7. 6,604
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

I suspect the Xbone X would have sold better if it wasn't double the price of the Xbone s or PS4.

Power can help sell a console, but it's always in combination with other things i.e. games, cost, etc. I doubt Sega would have used "Blast Processing" otherwise.

The PS4 managed to outsell the Xbone in part due to a lower cost and being more powerful, but if it cost allot more than the Xbone then I suspect we'd be having a different discussion.

VR is likely not going to be too integrated with any PS5, maybe including an integrated 'processor'/output and an optional SKU but not making it standard.

BTW, not even Nintendo is immune to gimmicks failing, just look at the Wii U.

8. 24,629
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Or the kinect on xbox! :)

9. 65
      Agret

Agret Loyal Member

Student
      Home Page:
      Well it's come out at a point where the majority of Xbox 360 owners would've already upgraded to either PS4, XBOX One or XBOX One S already so it's only really die hard XBOX fans that are jumping on board the Xbone X. I don't the price is the issue as it's not designed to replace the One S, it's the high-end option for die hard Xbox fans.

Yes it is the most powerful console and it's great value when it's on sale (provided you don't already own a PC) but I think the real issue is that there really aren't any exclusives on the Xbox platform which is why the PS4 is outselling it because Sony are lining up hit after hit either through first party or third party studios.

Microsoft keep saying they are committed to bringing exclusives to the platform but the XBOX One has been on the market for ages now and there's only a small handful of exclusives available and nothing that would compete with Sonys insane lineup. All they can offer is that the XBOX One X is the best console at playing multiplatform games which you can get on anything else.

tech3475 likes this.
    10. 6,604
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

Thats one other problem with ‘half gens’.

I dont think price alone is an issue, I said “better”, I recently bought an xbox one s for my dad but I got the One s over the x because the price didnt warrant it and the deals were allot better.

If it was something like the ps4 vs pro, I’ve seen deals which would have made me consider the pro.

At work I also seen more s than x come in.