Playstation Plus coming to Vita on November 19

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Nov 13, 2012.

By GaryOPA on Nov 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM
  1. 22,229
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    With 6 Vita games included

[​IMG]

Sony has confirmed that the Playstation Plus service will arrive to Playstation Vita on November 19.

Sony has confirmed that Playstation Plus will be finally available on Playstation Vita on November 19. The Vita PS Plus will include access to an instant game collection, this game collection will be accesible on November 20.

The price for PS Plus is $18 for three months or $50 for a year but if you're already a PS3 Plus member you can automatically use it also on Vita. This service will also offer the gamers 1GB of clud storage on Playstation 3 and 1GB of cloud storage on PS Vita.

PS Vita Plus members will get six games for the system: Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Jet Set Radio, Wipeout 2048, Gravity Rush, Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack! and PSP's Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions.

The full PR below:

NEWS SOURCE: PS Plus hits Vita on November 19 (via) JoyStiq

Our thanks to 'Robe24' for this news item!

Comments

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Nov 13, 2012.

1. 4,436
      JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

If this deal doesn't get the Vita moving nothing will....

2. 13,414
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Home Page:
      well it might get sales of overpriced memory cards going but i cant see buyers flocking to the vita.

although i suppose any slight increase might help a little.

btw did you see the numbers for animal crossing for this week? it totally sold out of 600k retail units and even download cards sold out in many places, e-store did another 200k units.

3. 4,436
      JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

Yeah I was reading that a few days ago about Animal Crossing, I expect a pretty big bump in 3DS numbers to go along with it but how much I am unsure of.

800K sales in a week is not too shabby at all for a portable console. I wonder what the top selling Vita game has managed? or even what game is the top seller.

On the whole Vita sales thing, I found an interesting article about it. It's about a month old but not much has changed since then. Pretty much covers everything, and has some nice quotes from Vita developers. A lot of them seem to be very worried about making anything for the Vita because the install base is so low. One company near the end of the article is worried that they will go bankrupt....

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/178802/the_state_of_the_vita_2012.php

You might have read it, if not than read it very informative and a lot of information straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

4. 13,414
      billysastard

Home Page:
      yes, i'd read it, a well thought out and interesting article.

there is another such article that should magically appear on here later today about sony i hope you'll click the article it links to as its a very interesting read too.

5. 6,199
      Retroboy

Retroboy Banned MaxConsole Troll BANNED FOREVER

I sell online ads for a living, but love to compla
      Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
      Home Page:
      again with over priced cards, i guess youve not seen them lately, prices have dropped, but i guess you cant see this, so will switch to hating because sony have used a new media format (not widely available) with DRM protection, which even devs claimed to be a downfall of the psp and why they didnt want to invest too much money in producing top psp games.

6. 13,414
      billysastard

Home Page:
      ps vita 4gb memory card (PREOWNED) £10 http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=711719206620 at cex, i can buy a 32gb sd card for that price (a 16gb PREOWNED vita card is £32) so yes, it is overpriced.

7. 1,786
      Ichijoe

Ichijoe Loyal Member

Not sure if I missed it while quickly scanning the Aritcle, but if I were a current PSN+ on the PS3.
      Could I carry that over to the Vita, or would I have to stomp up yet anouther PSN+ Account for the Vita as well?

8. 13,414
      billysastard

Home Page:
      no, if you have a ps3 ps+ sub its free on the vita (using the same account)