PRXdecrypter 2.4b (keys up to 6.20) + some news *UPDATED 29/03*

Discussion in 'PSP Game Ripping, Custom Mods' started by jas0nuk, Mar 6, 2010.

1. 2,036
    jas0nuk

jas0nuk Loyal Member

Here is PRXdecrypter 2.4b - a minor update, with all the keys up to 6.20 courtesy of bbtgp, who spent many hours reversing to get them, whereas I just spent 10 minutes updating my source code.

Thanks to the usual suspects + ErikPshat for some of the latest keys.

UPDATE: 2.4b released (29th March)
    2.4a --> 2.4b
    - Decryption error for an old key, tag 0x4C940AF0, fixed.
    - Decryption key added for pops_04g.prx from 6.XX firmwares - tag 0x457B1EF0
    - Slightly more information when encryption is likely to fail (SHA-1 check warning)
    - NOTE: key for tag 0x2E5E10F0 does not appear to be working due to a new encryption method. I'll look into it.
    - New EBOOT.BIN key added for tag 0x2E5E12F0. As above, might not work.

2.4 --> 2.4a
    - New EBOOT.BIN key added - fixes "tag error 0x2E5E10F0"
    - Can extract the nand_updater/lfatfs_updater from old updaters again

2.3a --> 2.4
    - All firmware keys up to 6.20

It's been 4 years since I first entered the PSP scene, and those 4 years were a privilege to be part of. A lot has changed since the days of kxploit. We've had a lot of fun battling Sony back and forth with their constant diversion and obfuscation tactics, watched a lot of drama unfold over some quite petty incidents, and seen some real triumphs of talent and ability from great minds such as Dark_AleX, but the past few months have seen a steady and obvious decline in the number of people following the scene and the number of developers still active. With this in mind, I thought it'd be worth letting those of you who are still around that I have sold my last remaining PSP, my silver first gen PSP 2000 - it served me well.

I am still interested in the scene and will continue to update PRXdecrypter and PSPident as long as there is still a demand for them (please reply to this thread if you still want to see these apps updated). However, if/when the time comes where they require a major rewrite, which would obviously be impossible for me to do without a PSP, I will clean up and release the source code.

For anyone wondering why I did this: partly because I don't see an imminent recovery in the PSP scene soon, partly because the hardware is outdated (and has been for a while), partly because it has been sitting in my drawer for months doing nothing, and a tiny bit because I wanted to free up some cash to buy a Nexus One (a quite amazing phone, if anyone is looking at buying one).

Many thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2010
  2. 191
    stonercold

stonercold Loyal Member

Thanks you are good guy, and nice of you to state your plans and commitment level regarding this gaming device.

3. 3,596
    mokyurin

mokyurin Loyal Member

Thank you jas0nuk:eek:

Why aren't you going to buy iphone?

4. 53
    coyotebean

coyotebean Loyal Member

Thank you for your excellent tool. It helped me to extract table keys in Sony update in 10 minutes before I even knew what that EBOOT is about. Really looking forward to your release of source code. Nexus One is on my wish list too.

Cheers

5. 2,907
    MaxMouseDLL

MaxMouseDLL Pink Flower Loyal Member

Damn it Jason lol... you're right though, the scene is on it's death bed... it's just a matter of time.

Hope you'll be sticking around to watch the flame flicker out.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2010
  6. 330
    Chossy

Chossy Loyal Member

i remember well when you 1st got into the scene was good days.
    its a shame the scene is dead but was a privalage to get to know you/math/alex ect...
    cant remember the last time i picked up a psp about 3 years ago after my 2nd child was born.
    good luck for the future

Regards

Chossy

7. 0
    xtoad

xtoad Guest

Thanks for everything, dude.

...and well said in your message.

8. 420
    VagrantWalker

VagrantWalker Loyal Member

You've done an amazing amount of work for the scene, thanks for everything!

9. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

Perhaps thanks are banals, but your work and your effort are to appreciate by the whole community. Thanks again.

10. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

Thanks jas0nuk your tools have always been useful. Please if you do have the time, do continue updating your work. We all appreciate the free time and effort you've put in.

Hope you enjoy the phone :)

11. 92
    dcorreia

dcorreia Loyal Member

Thanks for another update to this great tool.

Was this one was missed? I tried PRXdecrypter 2.4 and it still won't decrypt.

12. 2,036
    jas0nuk

jas0nuk Loyal Member

dcorreia: must've missed that one. I'll add it when a get a spare moment.

13. 1,626
    Nocuddle

Nocuddle Loyal Member

got it last night & forgot to say THANKS! :p

14. 600
    matomato

matomato Loyal Member

thanks for everything jas0nuk!

15. 0
    Mr_Shizzy

Mr_Shizzy Guest

Thanks for the update jas0nuk !! :D

Sad to hear you have sold your PSP. You have been a great force and inspiration for the scene for a long time. All you have done is much appreciated. And thanks for lending support to folks like myself who are going to stick with what is left of the scene, to the bitter end.

Glad to hear you are going to keep updating your programs for us. That is very kind of you :)
    Maybe we can all get together and have all this fun, all over again when PSP2 comes out ? :p

Thanks again bro.

~Shizzy

16. 4,373
    manias

manias Loyal Member

Thanks for everything Jason, I agree, the PSP scene is 90% dead .. But those who want homebrew have everything they want thanks to the "test m33" option in DC8, so it's sort of okay that Sony's winning ;)
    Btw I recon 90% of people here did NOT play a lot of games on their psp, but enjoyed the modding process itself more than the games (myself included really).. Every time waiting for the next m33 to come out, then install it, then... putting the psp away again lol :p It's been a good run!

17. 358
    mallinersha

mallinersha Loyal Member

Many thanks for your hard work and time jas0nuk. I would like you to keep updating the two apps you listed.

And thanks for PRXdecryptor 2.4!!! Awesome work. :cool:

18. 173
    Lycanthroat

Lycanthroat Loyal Member

None T_T
    Honestly, I'm going to cry ;_;

Thanks again, mate. I've been around a little less than a lot of the people here (3.40) but I enjoyed the PSP's many ups and downs. Unfortunately, the scene is slowly dying unless someone makes some sort of breakthrough. Hey, maybe it'll happen. Maybe not.

I'll still be around though, forever tinkering with custom themes and PSone eboots.

19. 0
    Mr_Shizzy

Mr_Shizzy Guest

So true. 90% of the fun was modding the PSP.
    The other 10% of the fun was actually playing games on it. :)

I myself, can't resurrect the scene, but I do have a few more cool animated themes, and fun homebrews up my sleeve for PSP ;)

Thankfully jas0nuk is going to keep interst going for a bit with PRXdecrypter. :D
    Great news indeed, ecpecially since many cfw users are now 3000 owners, who do not have the luxery of Pandora's Test m33 option...

Thanks again jas0nuk !! :D

20. 9
    avva

avva Loyal Member

can i decrypt game demos with this tool? PRXDecrypter showed this error message "unsigchecked failed" when i tried to decrypt game demo's EBOOT.PBP. I've also tried to decrypt DATA.PSP which extracted from EBOOT.PBP. But it failed and printed an error message "unknown header 'NPUM'". Anyone knows? thanks in advance

PS: Thanks jas0nuk for updating this excellent tool. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2010