ps3netsrv questions

Discussion in 'Unofficial multiMAN Support Forum' started by routehero, Jan 9, 2013.

1. 4
    routehero

routehero Loyal Member

I'd like to avoid using an external drive with my PS3 if possible.

Does ps3netsrv support games being stored in /GAMES/ yet?

If not, is there an easy way to convert a ripped copy of a game to ISO format that ps3netsrv will work with, without having to re-rip the BDVD?

Thanks.

2. 1,107
    deank

deank multiMAN Developer Loyal Member

Home Page:
    You can convert any folder/game to ISO. In multiMAN game modes simply press [TRIANGLE]->Create ISO (or in mmOS [CIRCLE]->Create ISO to create iso from a folder).

3. 4
    routehero

routehero Loyal Member

Thanks.

Fantastic software. Kudos.

4. 1,107
    deank

Home Page:
    You can actually Create ISO directly to the remote host (by selecting destination /net_host# from the popup) :)

5. 4
    routehero

routehero Loyal Member

While browsing around in mmOS, I don't see the context of Create ISO when I'm targeting a directory. Does it need to be in a certain path for that to trigger?

More specifically, would be great if I could src a rip on /net_host0/GAMES/BCUSXXXX/ -> create ISO -> dest = /net_host0/PS3ISO/

Alternatively, what is the structure used by the ISO image? Can I run mkisofs manually in Linux and get something that multiman will work with?

6. 1,107
    deank

Home Page:
    To create an ISO from a folder - click [O] -> Copy, then go to the location where you want the ISO saved and click [O] -> Paste as ISO.

You can't convert network folder to network iso - the source must be local.

The file system of the ISO is ISO9660, but for game isos it needs some specific data in some areas to be identified as PLAYSTATION3 disc.

p.s. Unless you have a Cobra dongle you can't mount/extract the ISO files, so I guess you have one.

7. 1
    angealus

angealus Loyal Member

Hey guys im new to the whole modding ps3 scene and its working fine, great program love it. the only thing is when i play ps2 games via ps3netsrv it copies the game, with ps3 it plays of my media server. My question is is there a setting somewhere i am missing. Im using the latest of everything and webman mod on rebug 4.78 dex can someone please help me with this?