PS4 JailBreak Rumors Continue From Brazil

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by GaryOPA, May 9, 2015.

By GaryOPA on May 9, 2015 at 3:17 AM
  1. 23,866
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Now With Video Proof from 'Razer Extreme'

Following the first PlayStation 4 JailBreak rumors from Brazil a few weeks back, we have the 'Razer Xtreme' modshop in Brazil, sharing some videos of the rumored PS4 JailBreak working online with PSN.

[​IMG]

A few weeks ago, MaxConsole was one of first sites to report on the rumors of a PS4 Jailbreak Service that is being offered in various modshops located in Brazil.

At the time, not much info was known, except for listing of 'working games' and price ranges of between $100 to $150 usa for a service that seemed to use a device like a Raspberry PI (but could be just fake pictures) that allowed the store owner to fill up the customers machine with PSN copies of the latest PS4 games onto their console's HDD.

Now finally a video of it working after games been loaded (we still don't know how they are doing it fully yet) have been recently shared by one of Brazilian modshops, one of which we have captured and uploaded to our MaxConsole YouTube channel incase the video gets removed as proof that whatever system they are using seems to be working.

Rumors are that their system is using a exploit in the 'shareplay' feature of PS4, but scene hackers from the PS3 era, claim that Sony already blocked this exploit on the latest v2.51 PS4 firmware, but the Brazilian videos and rough translation claim their consoles work still online via PSN, so either they are spoofing the firmware, or there is more to their exploit and it works on latest firmware.

Problem is all this still just 'rumors' and since they are keeping it as 'service' and internal to their own home country we might never know really what it all about, all tho I heard some modshops in Europe are trying to buy this 'service' for those own business purposes.

Here is what 'Razer Extreme' said about each video shared on his FaceBook page, and remember the following is roughly translated:

You can watch the first video attached below, and afterwards we would love to hear your comments about this, and if any of our Brazilian friends have any more info, please share it with us, and if you don't want to do so publicly for legal reasons, contact me via PM or hit me up on Skype. Thanks. :)

NEWS SOURCE: Razer Extreme (via) FaceBook

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by GaryOPA, May 9, 2015.

1. 934
      DSpider

DSpider Loyal Member

Video #2 --> "To Thiago Faria your PS4 is ready. I know that you not like football lol, but I did just to fill sausage... Come this afternoon because I will stop display in our workshop." :amused:

2. 13,441
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Home Page:
      all that video shows is that some idiot has pissed away a ton of money buying digital crap from the ps store, nothing anywhere to show a mod or what it's doing.

STLcardsWS and Xenogears V like this.
    3. 679
      hanz

hanz Loyal Member

Home Page:
      Exactly, what exploit? PS4 jailbreak my ass, as that video showed jack shit. I could have done a better job myself at making a video of booting games from the PS4 XMB while filling a SAUSAGE at the same time lol.

4. 23,866
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Yeah, the video is crap, but sadly the 'exploit' is real, at least dozen shops are now selling the 'service' (between $100 to $150 USA) which basically is filling up your PS4 HDD with as much games as you can fit from list of 'working games', 'what Google translates' as SAUSAGE.

The 'working' games are basically all paid for digital downloads that have been bought at one time for one or more PSN accounts, then the 'package' has been sold to shops for high price, and then they using the 'exploit' have a way to clone the downloaded/captured PSN packages onto other machines, using small device that somehow tricks the PS4 into activating the games perm. for the new cloned PS4.

Rumor is this can be done via dumping the NOR and changing bits on the other PS4's but reports that they doing it remotely via the Ethernet port, without a need to open up the PS4 and change the NOR.

Maybe it is possible a 'service jig' has been cloned or stolen again, the PS3 jailbreak device that first started the PS3 scene and got sold for $99 each was originally a copy of stolen official ps3 service jig from an authorized Sony Mexico service center.

I am still digging out more info, and even tho the video sucks, sadly this 'pirating' clone of PSN games using an exploit in the 'gameshare' activation is very real, and being kept for now within their home country, but I waiting on confirmation of reports now of one Asia shop doing it, and European one that have exported the 'package' and 'ethernet-thingie' from Brazil for a very high price.

Sadly this is no a jailbreak, or homebrew thingie, it is pure in-house modshop commercial selling of pirated games, much like how the true blue started using special blank blu-rays in Asia, before that part was removed and then just encrypted eboots with DRM dongle instead, if this expansion of this 'pirate service' keeps up and Sony does not block it totally, it would not surprise if we end up seeing soon a new drm-ps4 version of true blue slipping into the Ethernet port being sold to customers in the very near future.

5. 55
      game8oy

game8oy Loyal Member

Robin Hood
      well that's at least something

6. 26,552
      Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

Waiting to watch something concrete.

DeeLaRoc likes this.
    7. 45
      wprpalmeida

wprpalmeida Loyal Member

My two cents as a native brazilian

First of all, I don't doubt for a second that this method is real and works. These stores are walk-in stores, where you can get your service done in a matter of hours. However, I remain skeptical as to what will happen when these consoles have to be updated and whether this is detectable by sony or not. I read somewhere that it involves dumping a part of the bios of another console containing those games, flashing that bios and restoring your previous hdd content over what's new, but I haven't yet seen one live, as I live in a city where this method isn't available.

P.S.: what Google translates as "filling sausage" would mean something like "just because". It's just an idiomatic expression.

8. 1
      nense

nense Loyal Member

One media news here went through the process of "unblock" the console.
      Here is the news: http://jogos.uol.com.br/ultimas-not...irataria-chega-ao-playstation-4-no-brasil.htm

It is in portuguese, but contains some information about how the process is done.

GaryOPA likes this.
    9. 454
      STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

This whole PS4 JAILBREAK is laughable and very sad. This is not even remotely close to a Jailbreak.

A trick to Game Share LOL ... Please tell me why this continues to be spread as a JAILBREAK?

DeeLaRoc likes this.