[FONT=Verdana !important]Remember a few weeks ago Mathieulh released a video of the QA flagged PS3? To refresh your memories; the QA flag is the internal console flag used by Sony, it enables hidden options and removes restrictions for both retail and debug consoles alike. It is used for QA centers and the R&D Department (there are 2 levels of QA flags, Minimum and Advanced). In short it could lead to a complete open PS3…and yes all the CFW, homebrew and backup manager your little heart desires.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana !important]Well the method of how to “QA flag” your PS3 was never posted/revealed but since then plenty of hints have been given in attempts for the “scene”, and one of the first steps was to figure out the secret button combo. Well after weeks of people trying and moaning, the man behind the emulators – squarepusher 2 has released/posted information on exactly what that button combo was.
How to QA Flag your PS3, the button combo:[/FONT]
- Be on 3.55 OFW (no rebug)
- Move the PS3 cursor/select “Network Setting“
- Punch the following button combo with your PS3 controller: L2 + L1 + R1 + R2 + L3 + D-pad Down
- Thats it, the “Edy Viewer”, “Debug Settings”, “Install Package” Menu will now appear.[FONT=Verdana !important]Notes and disclaimers:[/FONT]
- Install Package is useless and can’t install homebrew at the moment – only signed PKGs (and the first one in root of USB only).[FONT=Verdana !important]This is not all that is needed to QA flag your PS3, but its a big start for the community – we still need all the pieces to fully QA flag the PS3 and its the scenes job to “figure out the rest”.[/FONT]