Question about ripping BR films

Discussion in 'PS3 Hardware Repairs & Problems' started by tech3475, Mar 23, 2010.

1. 6,343
    tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

I currently use SAK (Swiss Army Knife) 1.0 to rip my blu-ray films from the PS3 to the PC, however, I was wondering if a newer, better method has come along since (besides buying a PC BR drive)?

I tried using YDL once but I couldnt get it to connect to my PC network share.

thank you.

2. 1,626
    Nocuddle

Nocuddle Loyal Member

wow hang on matey, wrong forum for that type of Qs. (sounds like piraties arrrrr).

go to Videohelp.com instead. :cool:

3. 6,343
    tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

You mean like how on maxconsole you can find guides/help on running backups of games and run homebrew which can also be used for piracy:rolleyes:? If you are against the sought of thing I am asking I think you're on the wrong site.

I own the disc and I am trying to rip it because I dont have a BR drive on my PC or Laptop to watch the films/tv shows and I like rips for better convenience, etc.

thanks for the link though.

4. 1,626
    Nocuddle

Nocuddle Loyal Member

i've been d/ling izoz & i dun own the original. im at the right spot.

but for movees? u got more trouble pir8 those than the games.

and i didnt see any movee sections here. :midfingers: :p

5. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

Hmm you could install windows xp somehow.. like in wine and then install anydvd HD and just rip your blu-ray movies with that, probably more trouble to you than its worth and far slower than you'd want.

Can't offer much more than this useless advice i rip via PC.

6. 6,343
    tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

The first part of you're response is clearly you just trolling and/or you are yet to pass year 1 primary school english.

I agree, we don't have a movie section, but this is the closest board on this site to ask a question about ripping BR films.

Also, thanks ThreeDog for giving a serious response, I know about the Qemu method but it would be too slow. I know a direct PC rip would be the best solution, but I am currently waiting for the BR writers to become cheaper before buying a drive for my PC.

7. 1,626
    Nocuddle

Nocuddle Loyal Member

spot on, matey. ;)

8. 6
    NornHolm

NornHolm Loyal Member